Oil & Fuel RTV 1140 - 4 seater - diesel

/ RTV 1140 - 4 seater - diesel #1  

subzero

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L2800 HST
does anyone have any experience with one of these new 4 seater RTV's

what are the good and the bad about them.

THANKS in advance

Greg
subzero@mcsnet.ca

/ RTV 1140 - 4 seater - diesel #2  
we just got 2 in today... find a dealer and drive one. the new VHTplus trans is nice, no more whiplash.

/ RTV 1140 - 4 seater - diesel #4  
I purchased one about two weeks ago. Sold my 2004 RTV900 and bought new model. A lot of nice new features. The drive shaft is much heavier and no rattling like the old one. Longer wheel base makes the ride much better. More power and comes with more standard features like the dump bed, speedometer, and brush guard. Larger battery with more amps. The front and rear receiver hitch now take a standard 2 inch receiver. All the U joints have grease fitting so they should last longer than the old style. The dump bed raise very fast. The coast valve solves the quick stops like the old models except when you are backing up. They moved the raidiator and air filter location to under the rear seat. Seat belt retractors come standard.

The front ROPS bars are straight so the windshiels and tops that fit the old models won't fit this model. Tops, windshields and other accesories are in short supply. Have to wait 2-3 weeks to get a top and Kubota emailed me 2-3 monts before a glass windshield is available. Polycarbonate may be sooner.

/ RTV 1140 - 4 seater - diesel #5  
need numbers for wix brand filters for rtv1140cpx

/ RTV 1140 - 4 seater - diesel #7  
I've had my 1140 almost a week now. Love it. Wife loves it!
Many really nice features, extremely high workmanship. Problems are all inconsequential... here is my list at present.

1. Emergency brake handle gets somewhat in way of exiting driver seat when pulled.
  2. Air intake is under rear seat and in path of dust trail from tires. TwoGuns alerted me to the need for a high rise air intake, but it is difficult to find out about for the 1140. Dealer initially said there was none available from Kubota, then called back and said they had located one for something like $250. Apparently it goes all the way to the top of the ROPS. Am now researching how to build one myself. Turns out that the air filter/battery enclosure seems to have been manufactured with an eye to installing a different air intake. There is a hole cut in the box point out toward rear tire but covered with an bolted on cover. If the air filter canister is unbolted and rotated 180 degrees, the air intake perfectly aligns with this hole. Space between fender/mud flap is restricted, making construction of an air intake extension going out that way a little tricky.

/ RTV 1140 - 4 seater - diesel #8  
I've had my RTV 1140 for a few months now. Have used it a few times to pick up the Twin Grands when school canceled for snow and parents couldn't get up the drive way. Also to pick them up after they slid down the front yard on snow and then brought them back up to go again. My wife made a water resistant cover for the top and covers for the bottoms of the seats. I also added a $35 plexiglas windshield.
Here is the ATV/RTV forum on TBN.
ATVs & Utility Vehicles - TractorByNet.com

Attachments

• P1070190.jpg
    P1070190.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 539
  • IMG_0694.jpg
    IMG_0694.jpg
    602.2 KB · Views: 1,061
  • P1070258.jpg
    P1070258.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 490