RTV 900 equipments and accessories

/ RTV 900 equipments and accessories #11  

mike0000

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota RTV 900, Kubota L3901
I barely top out at 25 mph, and that’s the few times I have it on a paved road. I also increased the bed wall height, so I can’t really say wind back drafting is a problem for me.

Mike

/ RTV 900 equipments and accessories
OP
E

eyi

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3800
I barely top out at 25 mph, and that’s the few times I have it on a paved road. I also increased the bed wall height, so I can’t really say wind back drafting is a problem for me.

Mike
So you have a roof top and a front windshield and it is just fine ?

OP
E

eyi

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3800
So you have a roof top and a front windshield and it is just fine ?
Sorry for this question I saw the answer above.

/ RTV 900 equipments and accessories #14  

mike0000

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota RTV 900, Kubota L3901
No worries, but yes for me the wind from the back hasn’t been a problem. I could see how other side by sides may have that issue, RTV’s are not high speed vehicles, but if you find it an issue a flat piece of plexiglass for a back window would be easy to add.

Mike

/ RTV 900 equipments and accessories #15  

biffnh

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800, RTV400ci, John Deere Gator 4x2, Kubota RTV X1100C
I had a X900 for 7 years and 11,000 miles before getting a new X1100C this past December. I purchased a glass widow and metal roof for the 900 and I highly recommend going with a glass windshield with wiper if you are going to plow. Scrapping ice off a plastic windshield scratches it terribly. I put a Mylar sheet over the rear screen to keep snow from flying in and it worked really well in the summer as well at keeping the dust down. Plowing with a RTV is wonderful.

OP
E

eyi

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3800
I had a X900 for 7 years and 11,000 miles before getting a new X1100C this past December. I purchased a glass widow and metal roof for the 900 and I highly recommend going with a glass windshield with wiper if you are going to plow. Scrapping ice off a plastic windshield scratches it terribly. I put a Mylar sheet over the rear screen to keep snow from flying in and it worked really well in the summer as well at keeping the dust down. Plowing with a RTV is wonderful.
Interesting. So you live in a region with a good snowfall. What is the plow setup that you had on your RTV 900 ?

Thanks

/ RTV 900 equipments and accessories #17  

biffnh

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800, RTV400ci, John Deere Gator 4x2, Kubota RTV X1100C
Interesting. So you live in a region with a good snowfall. What is the plow setup that you had on your RTV 900 ?

Thanks
I live in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire - we get an average of 75 inches per year - most storms are 4-10 inches. I have a Boss V-Plow. It is terrific.