RTV malfunction...? HELP PLZ

/ RTV malfunction...? HELP PLZ #1  

dtheholtz

Here is the story... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
I bought a new RTV900 2 days ago...worksite model. I ran it up and down the hill about 4 times...but today i used it more. I had been running it for a half hour when going down a hill i lost all acceleration and power steering. I coasted to a stop at bottom of hill. I put it into neutrol and shut it off. Turned it back on and put it in gear...but there was no acceleration of the tractor. the engine runs fine, and the bed dumps too. Must be hydrolic problem /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Any help would be appreciated...i am taking it in becuase it is under warranty still. but that is a long drive...

Thanks
Daniel

/ RTV malfunction...? HELP PLZ #3  
The power steering is not part of the transmission hydraulics. The power steering pump is run off the back of the diesel injector pump (I know - it seems strange) so if you're experiencing problems with both accereration and power steering it may be an injector pump problem. But you say the engine still runs fine so I don't understand how the injector pump could actually be the problem either.

Edit - I agree with the suggestion to check all fluids - both transmission and power steering.

Hey look - 50 posts - I'm now a bronze member.

/ RTV malfunction...? HELP PLZ #4  
Id check the fluid levels and then call the Kubota dealer. its a warranty issue for sure..

Frank

/ RTV malfunction...? HELP PLZ
Thanks for input...
Dealer had to contact kubota to see if they could work on it...but kubota told dealer that they would send a brand new RTV for us...kubota doesnt want to loose any reputation...
I said, "Sounds good." I'll have the RTV by friday.
AWESOME MACHINE, AWESOME COMPANY. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ RTV malfunction...? HELP PLZ #6  
amazing contrast to the person here who is having problems with his JD HPX huh?? The right and wrong way to do business.

Im gald your getting a new one..

Frank

/ RTV malfunction...? HELP PLZ #7  
Wow....

That is really, really assuring and comforting to know.

Wow...

So give us some more details on the breakdown. How many hours, was the fluid level normal? Just curious.

-Mike Z. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ RTV malfunction...? HELP PLZ #8  
I'm the guy that's gettin screwed around by JD. I'm glad to hear that Kubota is treating you well.

John Deere could learn a great deal from this.

Chuck

/ RTV malfunction...? HELP PLZ #9  
A lot of us are following your story Chuck.

We all are pulling for you. Brands aside, one just expects to be treated right. In a prompt and courteous fashion. You have not been unreasonable. And quite frankly on reading that last post, I found it disheartening that you would feel that way.

Hoping it is just bad luck with that machine, and it will be straightened out to *your* satisfaction.

-Mike Z. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ RTV malfunction...? HELP PLZ #10  
Yep! That is good news, especially for me. I am about to take the plung and have been considering hard other options. Although, that is one product in one location, but is certainly better than some alternatives.