RTV Winch installation & wireless winch?

/ RTV Winch installation & wireless winch? #1  

Slippy

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra 6000 4wd; IH x2; NHTC40DSS; International 1086; JD 5115M
Anyone installed a winch on RTV? Is the mounting plate you see when you look in the front where it goes, or do you have to buy a special plate?

Also, I recall someone making mention of a wireless winch. Anyone know who makes these and cost?

/ RTV Winch installation & wireless winch? #2  
Slippy,

Do you have the worksite version with the front guard?
If so, as best I can figure (and was told by my dealer), yes, you'll need to get the winch mount plate. I've ordered mine but they're behind and said I probably won't get it until September.
For a wireless winch, the only mfgr. I know of is Ramsey. The Warn 3.0 has a wired remote.

Brian

/ RTV Winch installation & wireless winch?
Yes, I am looking at the worksite version that has the front guard. Thanks for the info and I will check it out. If you would be so kind, please post a follow-up when you get yours mounted.

/ RTV Winch installation & wireless winch? #4  
slippy
We just installed winches on a worksite and a camo unit for customers. The Kubota winch (V4253) has the remote switch and is really neat. nothing shows except the cable hook. Both of the Kubota winches (V4251 or V4253) require the V4254 mounting kit. Hope this helps.
Lewis

/ RTV Winch installation & wireless winch? #5  
What is required to mount a winch on a "worksite" model is a simple mounting bracket. It basically is a piece of angle. I used the wireless Ramsey winch. It is great. As I mentioned in another thread, I'll never go back to a wired winch again after having a wireless model. The winch is powerful and a breeze to operate. If you buy a worksite RTV and want to put a wireless winch on yours, just let me know and I'll send you the info where Dozernut and I got our winches. He did the research and bought his first. I only followed his advice and bought the same thing. I ordered it on a Monday and had it on a Wednesday and shipping was only 8 bucks. I'd have to look it up, but I think the winch cost just over 300 bucks. You should be able to buy a wireless winch, mounting bracket, and misc. other items to make mounting clean and easy for around the mid 300 mark.

/ RTV Winch installation & wireless winch? #6  
Equipman,

As I understand, the V4253 is the Warn 2.5ci winch.
In a brochure or something I thought I saw that it accepts the Warn 3.0ci winch as well. Is this correct?
I tried to slide my Warn 3.0 winch into the area behind the bumper (and behind the black plastic). It fit, but barely. If I wanted to use the free-spool on the winch, I don’t know if I could reach it. How tight is the fit for the V4253? Can you reach the free-spool knob? Does the winch mounting bracket have the winch stick out further towards the front?
I have the mounting bracket on order but it won’t be here for a while. Do you have one in stock you can sell?
Do you by chance have a picture of the winch installed that you could post?

Thanks
Brian

/ RTV Winch installation & wireless winch?
Dargo:
Thanks so much for the reply. Yes, I am very interested in where you got yours from, etc. Please email me or post follow-up with info. Did you have to do any modification at all, or did it bolt right in?

I did some searching for wireless remotes and found the Ramsey remote at Northertool for about $150 bucks. From what I read it will work on any electric winch, is that true?

/ RTV Winch installation & wireless winch? #8  
Does anyone know if a winch can be installed on the RTV900 if the mounting hardware for a plow is installed too? Not quite sure how each on these accessories attach to the front end and if they would interfere with each other even if the plow is removed for the summer. Or can the winch be used even with the plow still connected?

Thanks,

/ RTV Winch installation & wireless winch? #9  
Yes it can, I have the Ramsey wireless winch on my RTV and a snow plow. The RTV comes with the base mount all ready installed. You need to mount the roller fair lead bracket to the top edge of the heavy duty bumper and make sure it is centered on the winch. Then it is a matter of chasing the wiring and securing it with the brackets and cable ties included in the winch kit.
My install was a little tougher because I had to remove the snow blade mounting bracket on my machine. This was done so I could bolt the winch in place. Then I had to reinstall the mount, not hard, it just took time.
All you need out of the mounting kit is the roller fair lead bracket, everything else is just not needed. The supplied battery cables that came with the Ramsey are not long enough so I made them up out of no. 4 welding cable leads. Something to keep in mind is the amperage draw on the winch, you can kill a battery rather quickly and the small battery on the RTV will not hold up to heavy use. I chose the Ramsey 3000 because it draws 155 amps while the Warn 2500 draws 188 amps. That is 500 lbs. more pulling power at 33 amps less. Warn is a very good winch and I am not putting it down but I thought the Kubota offered winch was too pricey. I saved a couple hundred dollars, have less amp draw and a wireless remote.