RTV Winch installation & wireless winch?

/ RTV Winch installation & wireless winch?
Dozernut:
Great post, very informative. You gave me the information I needed. Thanks!

Dozernut: One more question if you don't mind. Did the wireless set up come with the winch or is that an extra?

/ RTV Winch installation & wireless winch? #13  
The winch is part of the package, there is no hidden cost!

FYI:
I checked out traxms.com and their advertised price for the RAmsey 3000 wireless is $359.00 w/ comment that there is free shipping on all winches. Have been checking other places on the net, none cheaper, but have found one other place for same pirce: [url=http://www.e-winches.com.

/ RTV Winch installation & wireless winch? #15  
bczoom
Yes, the V4253 is a 2.5 warn (2500 lb) winch with a remote switch. I don't know if the 3.0 would fit or not. To get to the free spool, you can either get to it from the top or the front. With gloves on, it is tight from the top. I had to wait on the V4254 mounting kit also. I took pictures of the camo cab and as soon as we can get them downloaded, I will post them here for you. The winch does look good installed.
Lewis

/ RTV Winch installation & wireless winch? #16  
I took the front plastic panel off last night and slid my Warn 3.0 inside then put the plastic back on. Boy... it's real tough to reach the free spool.
A couple questions:
I'm not familiar with the size of the Ramsey winch. Can you reach the free spool?
For the fairlead, can it be mounted directly to the front bumper or do you need the mount from Kubota?

I'll put my Warn on a shelf and get a Ramsey (wireless based on what I've read here). I'd really like to get it installed having gotten stuck a few times but I'm having problems getting the mount. Dealer said Sept. at the earliest.

BTW. Why doesn't Kubota sell the winch mount as 2 separate items? Sounds like most of us only need the mount for the fairlead...

Dozernut
I ordered the Ramsey 3000 wireless winch from Traxms. By noon the next day it was at my door step, no shipping charges. Thanks for the lead, they have been great to work with.