Winches RTV X1120D Winch Install

/ RTV X1120D Winch Install #1  

stevewarner1957

Gold Member
Tractor
2006 Kubota L3830HST
I recently purchased a new 1120D and wanted to install a Superwinch Terra45 like I had on my RTV500 I had traded in. The 1120 has winch Mount bolts already predrilled but the it was unclear by fit charts what would work. The factory winch kit from Kubota is a Superwinch rated at 4000 lbs. Just so everyone knows the Terra 45 mounts fine using the predrilled holes with no adapter plate needed
IMG_1561.JPG

/ RTV X1120D Winch Install #2  
Thanks for the info, very nice!

/ RTV X1120D Winch Install
Those are good winches for the price. Makes me feel better that those are the OEM aftermarket ones selected by Kubota

/ RTV X1120D Winch Install #4  
I looked at a bunch of winches for my RTV-X1120D back in 2015 and they all would have fit. I think there are standard hole patterns and all the winches seem to use them and Kubota also setup their mount that way. I ended up with a Warn because I got a good deal on it, but there are a lot of good options.

/ RTV X1120D Winch Install
Yes, as I understand there is a narrow pattern and a wide bolt pattern. The Terra 45 has the large pattern and bolted up perfectly. I think for a machine that weighs as much as the 1120, the 4500lb winch is about right

/ RTV X1120D Winch Install #6  
Re: RTV X1120D Winch Troubles

Guys, I have a 4 year old (used twice) BADLANDS 3000# winch. I mounted it on a Reese plate so I could use it on my truck or tractor. I only needed it two times and it worked great. NOW, I bought a Kubota 1120D and thought I'd mount the winch. I spent 4 hours mounting, extending and securing wires etc and......it runs OUT, but will not run IN. Well POOP......Might this be a bad "rocker switch" on the end of the 10' control cable? Or, there is a silver relay thing with two small boxes side by side WIRED IN THE POS LEAD.....waz that do? Then, of course, there is the wiring box on the side of the winch motor where 4 heavy colored wires go.....
How do I trouble shoot this thing?