RTV1100 solutions?

/ RTV1100 solutions? #1  

KubotaToy

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota LX331HSDC (hers) and L45 (mine), RTV1100 (hers)
It seems every time I load my bed up (which is almost daily due to cleaning the horse stalls and barn out), I am always getting dirt, hay, leaves and sticks falling between the cab and the bed on top of the motor. At the end of the day, I try to remember to go to the shop to blow the area under the bed out but that does not always happen and the next time I use it I smell the manure or hay getting hot. I am sure someone out there has the same problem and has a good solution. Attached is a picture of what I have done until I can find a permanent fix. I took some leftover plastic skirting from my race car and screwed it to the bed. It is not pretty but works.

Attachments

• 20160206_112744_resized_1.jpg
    20160206_112744_resized_1.jpg
    535.7 KB · Views: 446
   / RTV1100 solutions? #2  
Orange aftermarket has a bulkhead bed extension but for $230. I think what you have looks great !

/ RTV1100 solutions?
Orange aftermarket has a bulkhead bed extension but for $230.

Those look nice, I wonder if they would work with the rear window guard, that is what keeps me from making a wood sideboards to give me a little more capacity. My give them a call.

/ RTV1100 solutions? #4  
It seems every time I load my bed up (which is almost daily due to cleaning the horse stalls and barn out), I am always getting dirt, hay, leaves and sticks falling between the cab and the bed on top of the motor. At the end of the day, I try to remember to go to the shop to blow the area under the bed out but that does not always happen and the next time I use it I smell the manure or hay getting hot. I am sure someone out there has the same problem and has a good solution. Attached is a picture of what I have done until I can find a permanent fix. I took some leftover plastic skirting from my race car and screwed it to the bed. It is not pretty but works.

Is yours an RTV-X1100? If so, Kubota recently released a recall notice which installs a cover over the engine. I received the letter from Kubota and my dealer called me about a week ago to let me know he has the kits and to schedule an appointment.

/ RTV1100 solutions? #5  
I had side boards and headache rack built to keep it in the bed. Zip tied cardboard sheets inside when hauling mulch.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    659.5 KB · Views: 1,051
   / RTV1100 solutions? #6  
I
I am actually looking for the same solution I have ready to install a pre cut by me 8" x 57" rubber mat that I hope will lay over the bed to block crap from falling thru. I mounted to it 3 metal strips that I bent to help this form the shape I want. It should be about 3 inches higher then bed and just lay nicely over it. May not be a 100% solution but as long as it stays in place I should b able to keep the rtv clean and free of rain snow and other debre? I'll send pictures when it's done it us snowing now so I will need to clean n dry unit before attempting to do this install

/ RTV1100 solutions? #7  
On my X900, and now my X1100C, I built a bulkhead and side extensions that work really well. If I hauled a lot of loose materials frequently I would add a firm rubber flap to the top of the bulkhead extension that seals off the gap between the bottom of the rear window and the bulkhead.

Attachments

• tempImagecXVnLf.png
    tempImagecXVnLf.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 140
  • tempImagetEoCec.png
    tempImagetEoCec.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 142
  • tempImage4e0xSS.png
    tempImage4e0xSS.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 141
   / RTV1100 solutions? #8  
I kept it simple, some heavy fabric ( black felt from fabric store) attached to my rear window screen. As bed goes up it moves out of way . When bed closed it us hehind , but with quick pull of corner it us back on inside of bed so hay or gravel etc won't get between window wall and bed wall.
20220104_111238.jpg

/ RTV1100 solutions? #9  
This was my solution. Square tubing with some scrap plastic wood (like trex) attached. Solved my manure hauling issues.

Attachments

• DSC02527.JPG
    DSC02527.JPG
    236.6 KB · Views: 138
  • DSC02528.JPG
    DSC02528.JPG
    229.4 KB · Views: 119
  • DSC02530.JPG
    DSC02530.JPG
    244 KB · Views: 117
   / RTV1100 solutions? #10  
This week
20220123_101540.jpg
I added these cedar sides with hardwood stakes, for looks and to keep grandkids in. :)