RTV900 Cab/Plow Installation Question?

/ RTV900 Cab/Plow Installation Question? #1  

lloyd123

Silver Member
Tractor
RTV-X1100C
Here's a question for people like Dozernut and Flyingn about their cab/plow installation:

Did your dealer return the stock springs to you after installing the heavy duty set? My dealer is picking up my RTV900 on Monday to do the cab/plow/etc. installation. I'm not sure if getting the stock springs back would be of any value down the road if I ever decide to permanently remove the cab/plow - maybe I'll move to FL. Would the RTV900 ride extremely stiff if you keep the heavy duty springs installed but remove the cab/plow? Or will it just be some more crap cluttering up my garage that I'll probably never use?

Thanks

/ RTV900 Cab/Plow Installation Question? #2  
I did not ask for the old springs and did not get them back. Most of the time the snow plow is off and I have removed the doors ( which are quite heavy) for the Summer weather. I can tell no difference in the ride from the RTV I test drove, which had no blade or cab, from mine. Hope this answers your question.

/ RTV900 Cab/Plow Installation Question?
Thanks for the reply. Who am I kidding? If I ever move to FL I'll probably end up in a condo. Maybe I could use the RTV900 as a golf cart? The way I play the 4WD/Locking differential would come in handy as I spend very little time on the fairways.

I think I'll pass on the springs. Now how how about that cup holder they remove to install the heater vent for the windshield?

/ RTV900 Cab/Plow Installation Question? #4  
LOL, I did not ask for that either. Just have your bride ride along and hold your beverage of choice. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ RTV900 Cab/Plow Installation Question?
I was planning to keep her on the hood so she could change the plow angle seeing how it only can be ajusted manually. I'll have one of the kids hold the drink(s).

Edit - BTW, could you guess that my wife doesn't read this forum?

/ RTV900 Cab/Plow Installation Question? #6  
my dealer gave me the stock springs when they delivered it..

Frank