RTV900 losing power

/ RTV900 losing power #1  

Tact

Gold Member
It's cold here in Tennessee. Temp at 10 degrees and windchill at -4. Snowed about 8" last night. I believe my RTV is a 2004 and has been great since I bought it new. Today, I had to jump start it and let it warm up for about 10 minutes. Started off fine, but when I went about 50 yards, it appeared to run out of power. Almost stalled a couple of times. I let it idle about 15 seconds and it drove fine for about 30 yards and ran out of power again. It will idle fine, but when I start to drive, it's like it runs out of fuel. Could the fuel lines be somewhat frozen? I don't think it is transmission related, but I guess it could be. Any thoughts or ideas what to check?

/ RTV900 losing power
Guess fuel is gelled up.

/ RTV900 losing power #3  
Try some heat warm things up

/ RTV900 losing power
Went to Auto Zone and all they had was Sea Foam anti gel. I added about 8oz and letting it idle in the garage. Not sure if that will help.

/ RTV900 losing power
Runs fine now.....Yeehawwww!

/ RTV900 losing power #6  
My MF1540 fuel filter would gel up easily; telltale sign of gelling issue is that it will run fine at idle because of the slower fuel delivery, but as you throttle it up, the fuel flow past the gelled filter can’t keep up.

Like you, I started using PowerService to prevent the gelling; I actually add it to my fuel cans (the 5 gallon ones) so that it’s already in there when I fill my tank.

I also keep extra fuel filters on hand; that’s the quickest way to fix an immediate gel problem.