Runaway Throttle YM186D

/ Runaway Throttle YM186D #1  

gasmodesto

Tractor
Yanmar 186D
Ym186D has no throttle response at all. It runs up to such a high rpm I am afraid that it will blow up. I didn't run it for two years because of cancer. Had to flush the diesel out of it and bleed at the injectors. Anyway I can start but I can not control throttle. Not sure what my next response to it should be.

/ Runaway Throttle YM186D #2  
Is the throttle and linkage moving? I just had my cable bind up and would not idke down below 1600 rpm, and wd40 cured.

/ Runaway Throttle YM186D #3  
I would double check the linkage, and if the linkage is ok, the governor itself. The fact that it sat for awhile (glad to hear that you are better!) would have me suspecting a broken linkage, loose knob, or stuck governor.

Good luck,

Peter

/ Runaway Throttle YM186D #4  
Ym186D has no throttle response at all. It runs up to such a high rpm I am afraid that it will blow up. I didn't run it for two years because of cancer. Had to flush the diesel out of it and bleed at the injectors. Anyway I can start but I can not control throttle. Not sure what my next response to it should be.
Probably not the same problem but my YM2310 has a problem with the parking brake keeping the throttle high. If I set the parking brake when I park the tractor and then step on the brake pedal to release the brake the locking mechanism moves toward the back of the tractor and somehow interferes with the throttle. It keeps the RPM high and to get the throttle to work correctly I have to get off the tractor, walk around to the right side, and reach in behind and past the brake pedal to free the throttle linkage. Maybe, but I doubt it, this is your problem.
Eric

/ Runaway Throttle YM186D #5  
Likely the rack on the injector pump is stuck. Remove inspection cover #22 to check and see if it moves freely.

Attachments

• 2021-11-27-061030.jpg
    2021-11-27-061030.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 76
   / Runaway Throttle YM186D #6  
Stuck control rack on inj pump..
When u find it, don’t force it.. u have to b careful of what your banging on..