Runs nice and dies in 20 min UPDATE UPDATE

/ Runs nice and dies in 20 min UPDATE UPDATE
Cool, kind of you to join and keep us updated. If I was a 1,000 miles or so closer I would have loved to help:) Be great to know the solution.

Best,

ed

I felt I was morally obligated to give all those who provided possible fixes a sense of closure rather than just disappearing leaving this an unsolved mystery. No, the mystery was solved and it involved air infiltration obviously. Yeah, I sure could have used the help…probably would’ve paid for your plane ride I was so frustrated and with winter coming I have to successively switch to a winch for some logging work, then box blade, then my NH 84” snowblower. Snowblower will stay on through to spring (what an awful thought). snowblowing on an 800’ driveway from the comfort of a heated cab is real luxury.

/ Runs nice and dies in 20 min UPDATE UPDATE #162  
Very good that you got to the bottom of it.
Care to add any details like where the air was getting in and what you had to do to stop it?

/ Runs nice and dies in 20 min UPDATE UPDATE
Very good that you got to the bottom of it.
Care to add any details like where the air was getting in and what you had to do to stop it?

Will do by editing original post. Thx for idea

/ Runs nice and dies in 20 min UPDATE UPDATE #164  
Very good Danica! Glad you are back to tractoring and done with the fixing. :)

I think in this instance the temp gauge could be thought of a "fuel use" gauge. It takes a certain amount of fuel to warm your engine up to a particular reading and it took that much fuel use to draw in enough air to cause the shut down. In other words, the actual temperature was an incidental data point.

May your days be warm and your chores easy!