RV's

/ RV's #1  

Wingnut

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3710 GST
RV\'s

I'm scratched my head for two days now trying to remember who our resident RV mechanic was. I didn't pay enough attention in the past ... since I had no intention of ever owning a motorhome .... but now that I've gone insane and bought a small one ... I was hgoing to ask some pointed question. However ... too late ... I went a bit south after work and took a cheque along and drove home my next project. I had thought it was a mini-motorhome ... but when it got dark as I was driving home, I discovered it was a project ... when the lights went on, the signals stopped working.
Anyone know of a listserv group or newsgroup for Winni LeSharos?

too bad that common sense ain't

/ RV's #2  
Re: RV\'s

You will find that R/V's are so much fun. I know a little bit about them so if you have any questions just ask. Check for your grounds on your taillights.

Gordon

8-41268-jgforestrytractor.jpg

/ RV's #3  

What chassis (engine) did you get with that LeSharo?

Bird

/ RV's #4  

Here's a pretty useful general RV forum: RVAmerica

I gained almost as much info from that board when we were RV shopping as I did here when tractor shopping /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

15-43440-790signaturegif.gif

/ RV's #5  

Gordon,
I have a question...
I got a new Dodge 2500 with tow package. It is wired 7-wire connector at the rear. However, the charge line is hardwired to power.

How can I find out where and what wires to intersect for an isolation relay?

My camper is wired for the 7-wire plug, and has a battery of its own. I don't want to run that battery AND the truck battery low...

On my old Ford, I ran a line from the truck battery to a relay, and from the realy back to the trailer connector. I ran a line from the ignition relay post to the battery relay. This new truck has the wiring already there, but I do not where to intersect it, or where to get the relay trigger line from...

Thanks!

RobertN in Shingle Springs Calif

/ RV's #6  

Open the hood and in front of the brake booster there is a fuse box. The fuse should be listed on the label of the box. If not, take a test light to the trailer plug and pull the fuses one at a time. I believe its a orange 12 gauge wire. I"m guessing at the color.

To trigger the relay you can tap a wire from this box as well.

hope this helps
Gordon

8-41268-jgforestrytractor.jpg

/ RV's

I had been looking for the Turbodiesel model ... but they stopped making them in '87 ... and I managed to get a fantastic deal on an '88. So it's the 2.2 litre (oops ... liter) fuel injected gas engine. Even worse ... it's an automatic ... but, from what I read today that might be good. When I drive stick, I use the engine (and tranny) to slow me down and use the brakes sparingly ... but that's apparently a bad thing with the Renault.
It would have been nice to get the newer version .. the Rialta on the VW chassis .... but that would have been an extra $30k or morw.

/ RV's

Just for a real laugh, Bird ... the main reason that I picked it up was to drive to Texas several times a year. My wife has a brother near Buffalo, a son in Dallas and a son in Nacogdoches ... and this makes it much easier (and more comfortable) to drive down there ..... carrying along the bathroom and the coffeepot (my wife is like some of the others ... needs that first pot in the morning to get her blood flowing)

/ RV's #9  

Cool! I'll take look at it this week, and report back...
Thanks!

RobertN in Shingle Springs Calif

/ RV's

Gordon, before I take the old girl for her inaugeral shakedown cruise ... there's 2 things I need to fix ... signal lights ... which is likely a ground problem as you mentioned ... and a dormant gas gauge. These things, I believe, are usually an electric device based on the resistance or feedback from a mechanical level device in the tank??? So I should trace the wire from the gas tank forward to see if I have a break?
Anything else I might look for?