RX R1 wheels

/ RX R1 wheels #1  

bdog

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 6130M
My RX has R4s. I think I am going to need R1s which use different wheels. Is the dealer the only source for these or are the bolt patterns such that I might be able find them somewhere else?

/ RX R1 wheels #2  
Just curious; why do you think you need r1's?

what you are proposing sounds like a very expensive proposition

you will have to properly match the fronts and rears (to prevent undo drivetrain strain), so you probably have to buy all 4 new wheels/tires

my DK90 has exactly the same wheels as kubota's wheels. They are chinese-made. I think tons of modern tractors use the same ones. I also think their are different grades from the same supplier, as I've seen similar, but less beefy wheels than mine on other tractors.

Last edited:
   / RX R1 wheels
Several reasons.

First is my rears are 85” wide. I tried flipping them around and they only fit one way. Most low boy trailers are 83” between the fenders. I don’t want a deck over. The R1s can be set significantly narrower.

Second is I am looking at 3 point grain drills. The ones I am looking at come in 6 & 8 foot. The 8 foot may be too heavy for my tractor and with the drive wheels it is over 8.6” and becomes an oversized load. With my current tires the 6’ doesn’t cover my tracks.

Third is I plan on doing a lot of tillage. The R1s will give me a lot more traction.

/ RX R1 wheels #4  
Well there you go.

like I said, my Kioti wheels are Chinese and exactly like Kubotas. (Not measured tho..)

Get the cast-centres...

You may find some at a wreckers?

/ RX R1 wheels
Dealer said factory front and rear wheels with tires will run about $3500. Not cheap but about what I was anticipating.

/ RX R1 wheels #6  
Sounds like a bargain to me.

is that the cast-centre rears?

if you are going to change wheels and you are doing tillage there's no reason to not get the cast rears. And fill the rears. And possibly even front weights...

anyway, good day to you!