RX7320 Third Function Not Working

/ RX7320 Third Function Not Working #1  

mattdewalt

Tractor
Kioti RX7320
Below is a picture of the 3rd function valve on my RX7320. I haven't used the 3rd function in over a year. I attached my grapple yesterday. It opens, but won't close. The solenoid thing in the picture has another just like it on the bottom side of the valve. That's the one that controls the open on my grapple. With tractor off and key on, I can hear that one click. I cannot hear the upper one click. I tested both with a meter and they both have 12V when I hit the corresponding switch on my loader joystick. So I'm assuming this upper valve is stuck or defective somehow. I tapped it a few times with a hammer, but still doesn't work. Any ideas to get it working? If not, do you know if just this solenoid part is replaceable? I hate to pay for the whole valve assembly from Kioti. Thanks.
Photo Mar 27 2024, 11 15 19 AM.jpg

/ RX7320 Third Function Not Working #2  
Can you switch solenoids? See what happens when you do….🤷

/ RX7320 Third Function Not Working #3  
Spool inside is probably stuck. Here is a good video on how to unstick. I know Ken and Tim and they know their stuff.

/ RX7320 Third Function Not Working #4  
It looks like there is a mutual override button - push pin in the center of tube assembly. Try taking a small allen wrench or nail and push on the dimple it should push in and spring back. Should be one on each end.

/ RX7320 Third Function Not Working
It looks like there is a mutual override button - push pin in the center of tube assembly. Try taking a small allen wrench or nail and push on the dimple it should push in and spring back. Should be one on each end.
Yes. I pushed them in and they sprung back. Also swapped plugs to each end. I still can only get it to open and not close.

/ RX7320 Third Function Not Working #6  
Just a suggestion because we see this often. Check and make sure all of the Hydraulic Quick Connects are fully seated (mid and front). It only takes one to lock up the system allowing it to only work in one direction.

Hope this helps
Yes. I pushed them in and they sprung back. Also swapped plugs to each end. I still can only ge

/ RX7320 Third Function Not Working
So the culprit is one of the magnetic coils. When I push the open button, I can feel the lower coil click. When I push the close button, the upper coil does not click. I took the coil off and it is corroded. I cleaned everything up, and it still doesn't work. Since they are simple to swap, I moved the lower coil up top. My grapple closes when I do that. Now the problem is finding a replacement. Only markings on it are DC 12V D. Kioti only lists the complete valve assembly for big money. This part should only be around $50 if I can find one that will work.

/ RX7320 Third Function Not Working #8  
Possibly try measuring the OD of the tube assembly and length of the coil. You might get lucky and find a coil based on those dimensions.

Would measure resistance of the known good coil to provide an idea of amp draw / watts the coil is rated for.