s&w 22a recall

/ s&w 22a recall #1  

forgeblast

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deer 318
Hi all, If you have a smith and wesson 22a there is a safety recall on the slide. Its not as close to their standards as they though and they are issuing a recall. Go to s&w web site fill out a form and they will send you a prepaid mailer to fix the issue.

/ s&w 22a recall
Np, I was out the other day and i kept having jam problems. I figured it was the thunderbolts i was using. So i switched to federals, and cci (the regs). The federals had less jam, but still issues. Thats when i went looking and came across the recall. Its a fun little shooter i hope this helps. What have you been running through it?

/ s&w 22a recall #4  
Mine is actually older and the recall is not for me.

I feed it thunderbolts too - or whatever Wally world sells cheap:) I put Nikon Monarch on it some time ago to use it as a handgun scope training rig. I want to get Ruger hunting revolver some time in the future and even with 2x magnification the amplified shake is terrible.

But it is nice light little gun to shoot either slow or fast, I usually burn 200+ rounds in a session.

I had to replace the little plastic piece that stops the slide. Used a piece cut from yellow soft vice jaws and it works well enough.