sa 324 / 424 Potential buyer questions

/ sa 324 / 424 Potential buyer questions
Thanks Git-R-Done, that's good to know.
Still in buying mode - new factor is when the dealers can actually get hold of stock and where I am on the waiting list...

/ sa 324 / 424 Potential buyer questions #12  
I didn't make it up! This guy said watch ;out for the Kubota
with the aluminum brackets. I don't know if its true that Kubota uses aluminum on the back of their tractors where you attach a backhoe I can't really see Kubota doing this as it would ruin their business. Personnely I think this is hogwash and think he was trying to scare a person trying to buy a tractor to stay away from Kubota as some folks say they are great! Of course everyone will say there tractor is great when they have no jproblems. and then you have the other side.This is with all tractors. But you will probably hear that the older tractors will last longer???

willy

Last edited:
   / sa 324 / 424 Potential buyer questions #13  
- No Grappler option from Yanmar - was looking at FEL conversion kit to skid-steer quick standard so I can open up this world - anyone done this ? (I understand I need 3rd function up front as well)

Any comments/thoughts/information appreciated.
Jimbo10,

I have been in contact with Yanmar about this and here you go:

These should be available by June:

GRAPPLE-SAP - $1800

TVK-YL210 - $575 (third function kit)

View attachment 698349

/ sa 324 / 424 Potential buyer questions
Thankyou Bogey-1. That's encouraging to hear. I couldn't open the attachment you posted (says its been removed or deleted..).
Still waiting for my dealer to get some more tractors in stock. Apparently a few more weeks...

/ sa 324 / 424 Potential buyer questions #15  

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 0

image003.png

/ sa 324 / 424 Potential buyer questions #17  
My head has been spinning on various options for weeks, and looking to take the plunge this week.
I've been looking at JD1025R, JD2025R, JD3032E, Kubota 2601, Yanmar sa324/424 - all with loader/backhoe. I seem to be settling on Yanmar..
I have sub 10 acres, mainly landscaping, digging, clearing, grading, moving/digging rocks & fallen trees, building trails/access to difficult areas, removing/clearing bamboo roots, drainage work etc
The property has some flat/level land, but alot of it is up and down and some steep wooded slopes to get to several acres at end of property. Stability and ground clearance is a concern.
Local JD dealers visited the property with 1025R in mind, and after looking at it suggested 3032E would be more suitable for my plans.
The 3032E is much bigger than I'd like and think I need (and ground clearance looks BAD with backhoe sub-frame), I've ruled that out..
2025R is expensive for what it is IMO, and has same/similar width and specs as 1025R but more clearance - I suspect no good for stability (higher COG with same width), I've ruled that out..
1025R is still a remote option, but clearance/stability concerns remain, it would probably work for me for short-term immediate projects, but I think longer term is going to limit where I'll be able to take it.
Kubota 2601 - I like, still an option, but priced more than I want to spend.
So to the Yanmars : Seem like the sweet spot for me in price, size, lift power, capability. The clearance seems good, but the quoted widths are much wider than all the above options except the 3032E. This for me is a really strong point but I don't see it being talked about anywhere. I have the JD1025/JD2025/K2601 widths all around 48/49", but the Yanmars are about 54" - Weirdly Yanmar has the 324 width (54.6") wider than the 424 (54.1") on the specs.
- Have I got this wrong, am I hung up too much about this extra width ? (Seems strange no one seems to be plugging this against competition)
- Does anyone have any information on how much the backhoe effects the ground clearance on the Yanmars ? At the dealership it looked like the backhoe subframe and mounting points where above the lowest point (looked like tow bar was lowest point).
- No Grappler option from Yanmar - was looking at FEL conversion kit to skid-steer quick standard so I can open up this world - anyone done this ? (I understand I need 3rd function up front as well)

Any comments/thoughts/information appreciated.
Talk to the Yanmar dealer about the backhoe. We have a 2018 SA424 TLB with a grapple for the front end.

The backhoe works great, even though the reach is a bit limited. We have trouble digging below about 4 feet. BUT, if we need to take the backhoe off and drag a box blade or any other implement, forget it.

The backhoe comes off pretty easily, but the three point then has to be installed. That requires removing the left rear wheel, removing the backhoe bracket, installing the three point, then reinstalling the rear wheel. Of course, the next time we need the backhoe, the entire process has to be repeated. The backhoe and the three point cannot be attached at the same time.

Of course we don’t do any of that. We just use the backhoe and the front end implements. The tractor function is lost.

If you need to use the tractor for a tractor, beware of Yanmar.

Has this changed since 2018? Ask you dealer.

/ sa 324 / 424 Potential buyer questions #18  
With my Sa424 first time I removed backhoe, I took off the right wheel to install the lower 3 point arms. Quickly realized I could leave the lower bar in with the backhoe on. So now I just slide the bar to the each side and put the lower arms on when needed. Takes 5 minutes pretty simple process now to put the lower arms on. I can take pics if you want to see ,j ust took my backhoe off the other day. Also bought the mtl grapple going to make some quick attach adapters soon.

/ sa 324 / 424 Potential buyer questions #19  
With my Sa424 first time I removed backhoe, I took off the right wheel to install the lower 3 point arms. Quickly realized I could leave the lower bar in with the backhoe on. So now I just slide the bar to the each side and put the lower arms on when needed. Takes 5 minutes pretty simple process now to put the lower arms on. I can take pics if you want to see ,j ust took my backhoe off the other day. Also bought the mtl grapple going to make some quick attach adapters soon.
Pics would be much appreciated. That’s interesting. I guess we’re not all that smart with ours! Thank you.

/ sa 324 / 424 Potential buyer questions #20  
I have yet to remove mine, but I believe this video shows the process jrjeep was describing.