Salutations

/ Salutations #1  

Cherpitel

Tractor
International 234
Purchased an 84 International 234 Tractor w/a SunMastr finishing mower over the summer after finally selling an 85 JD that came with our farm and was simply far too much for our purposes. The International 234 is fantastic! A buddy of mine who happens to be a lucky dog when it comes to CL, came across the tractor and from there I went, saw, drove, and was sold. Outstanding lil tractor. The mower is still in the refurb phase. After moving 5 trees, we felled with the tractor, I decided it was time for the first service. I knew the oil filter would be an easy find as it was already a Fram. The rest to include a light bulb, air filter, and fuel filter I am still searching for and decided to look on here to see what others have found and used. I have already come across a few good links and part numbers I will try out. I am also hunting for a solid service manual w/schematics if possible. Ebay has a few dozen and want to narrow it down by others have already picked up. Thank yall in advance for past information you have shared with that is now helping me and for any other speifics you may have.

/ Salutations #2  
The 234s are good little tractors. Service manuals like the ones you can buy at TSC are handy (I&T?).
It essentially a Mitsubishi, rebadged with some slight differences. Plenty of support from dealer but prices can be staggering for some items. Just remember Case didn't build it, there are other sources for engine parts. The Mitsubishi engine in your tractor was used in numerous other applications. For example I needed a starter, the dealer was over 500.00. Was able to purchase one for 125.00 by searching by motor number (K3B).
They are simple reliable tractors, enjoy!

/ Salutations #3  
Welcome to the forum.

:welcome:

I'm going to move your thread over to the vintage tractors section to see if someone over there can offer advice. Best of luck with your "new" tractor!