Same old BX Starting problem

/ Same old BX Starting problem #1  

Chromemotor

Tractor
BX1800D, John Deere F1145. Case 580K
I'm having the dreaded BX1800 starting problem that Ive read about in these forums. I've read that there was low voltage relay fix posted here by KUBMECH and this solved the starting problem for many people. I'm having trouble however getting into the details of this fix since everytime there is a link in one of the threads it is either a broken link or the website says its no longer available. If anyone has the details of this starting fix I would really appreciate some direction. Thanks

/ Same old BX Starting problem #2  
See if this helps. You're right though, the thread that I referenced for the same issue is gone.

/ Same old BX Starting problem
WOW WOW WOW, THANK YOU so much Duds13, thats exactly what I needed! I followed the video and saw the notes at the bottom and found the part number for the John Deere kit, number AM107421. This led to several kits on Amazon. one of which I purchased for around twenty bucks, installed it in about an hour and holy cow.... IT WORKS!!!! Starts like never before, reliably and instantly. WONDERFUL.

/ Same old BX Starting problem #4  
Just a relay. But why is the voltage low to start with?

/ Same old BX Starting problem #5  
Just a relay. But why is the voltage low to start with?
Because the power has to run through all the safety switches and it's long loop. Resistance adds up over time and won't engage the solenoid. Had to do that on other machines, so fr the BX has not needed after 4500 hrs but I do have some switches bypassed since almost day one.

/ Same old BX Starting problem #6  
On my riding mower I bypassed some of those switches with a direct wire to the solenoid, because the switches stopped working.

However , on tractor I’d investigate where voltage drop is occurring instead of adding the relay.

/ Same old BX Starting problem #7  
WOW WOW WOW, THANK YOU so much Duds13, thats exactly what I needed! I followed the video and saw the notes at the bottom and found the part number for the John Deere kit, number AM107421. This led to several kits on Amazon. one of which I purchased for around twenty bucks, installed it in about an hour and holy cow.... IT WORKS!!!! Starts like never before, reliably and instantly. WONDERFUL.
Nice! Glad it was helpful and you were able to get it done. My BX starts right up every time after doing this mod.

/ Same old BX Starting problem #8  
This led to several kits on Amazon. one of which I purchased for around twenty bucks

Last edited: