Samurai sickle mower reviews?

/ Samurai sickle mower reviews? #1  

frogpond

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX25D
I am thinking of getting a Sabre Samurai sickle mower for the front bucket of my bx25d. I have already installed 3rd function hoses for my Add a Grapple. Do any of you have experience with this implement? Will the bx have enough hydraulic flow? How well does the mower work? I would use it to cut grass, brush, and branches along streams, the pond edge, roadsides, etc. Thanks for your help!

/ Samurai sickle mower reviews? #2  
TBN search has 18 entries on first attempt:

How will you control your front remotes? I bought a WR Long solenoid valve and turns out, it's just for intermittent use, like for hyd cylinders, not continuous use like, for that Samurai.

/ Samurai sickle mower reviews? #3  
I ran mine on my B26 and controlled the speed with the tractor rpm, it did well and cut down my driveway cleaning time by a lot.

/ Samurai sickle mower reviews?
Woody, did you have to somehow bypass your usual 3rd function control? Since I use mine to control the grapple lid, I have it controlled with 2 pushbuttons on the loader joystick. I can see how that wouldn't work to allow a continuous flow.

/ Samurai sickle mower reviews?
After emailing back and forth with the maker of Samurai and Dummit Hydraulics, it looks like I will have to add another valve with a D spool, for continuous flow and gradual stop. The present valve with an A spool shuts off abruptly, and will destroy the hydraulic motor, although it is appropriate for operating a cylinder, as in the grapple. Still working out the details of how it all fits together.

/ Samurai sickle mower reviews? #6  
After emailing back and forth with the maker of Samurai and Dummit Hydraulics, it looks like I will have to add another valve with a D spool, for continuous flow and gradual stop. The present valve with an A spool shuts off abruptly, and will destroy the hydraulic motor, although it is appropriate for operating a cylinder, as in the grapple. Still working out the details of how it all fits together.
Good luck sir