Sand spur total yield per acre

/ Sand spur total yield per acre #1  

podagrower

Silver Member
Tractor
NH TC 40
Just taking a quick break from this year's harvest to post some preliminary numbers. Looks like this years crop will be around 1 bushel per acre (down a bit from last years), this may be due to the Bermuda High ridge that has persisted most of the year. I haven't called processing plants for pricing yet, but expect to receive pricing similar to last year ($0.00001 per 100,000 tons). It's not much, but it's the love of raising them that keeps me doing it, not the money. Our growing season is almost over, so I figured I'd get a jump on them while they were young, sweet, and green (better price). Just got one section left to harvest for today, so I'll be done in a few hours. If you want to skip the market price and buy direct from the grower, send me a message and I'll cut you a special price.

/ Sand spur total yield per acre #2  
Zoysia oughta handle it. ... no more joy.

/ Sand spur total yield per acre #3  
Lived in Fla. for a good while and always remember Sandspur harvest time to be one on the high points of the year. Comes right after the Kudzu roundup... doesn't it?

MarkV

/ Sand spur total yield per acre #4  
When I lived and worked in Florida, Sand Spurs were a curse. I always wore tennis shoes while walking to the beach. PITA when walking barefoot and getting them stuck in the bottom of your feet.

/ Sand spur total yield per acre #5  
You and my dog should speak. Sand Spurs bring BIG TEARS to her eyes.