Sanded my power cord

/ Sanded my power cord #1  

Mousefield

Elite Member
Qualicum Beach on Vancouver Island, BC. Canada
Tractor
Sold 2008 CK35 HST
Well did a dumb thing yesterday. Was in the barn building a new goat pen and was using my belt sander. All of a sudden it stopped so went over the electrical panel and reset the breaker. Sander still did not work so had a look at it, then noticed the cord had got caught in the sander and had been partly cut through. It was only about 10 inches that got damaged so cut out that piece and spliced and soldered it. Runs good as new now. I try and be careful but just took a few seconds of inattention. Just glad it was not a shocking experience. :D

Attachments

• SanderCord 003.jpg
    SanderCord 003.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 169
  • SanderCord 004.jpg
    SanderCord 004.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 132
  • SanderCord 006.jpg
    SanderCord 006.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 148
   / Sanded my power cord #2  
Well did a dumb thing yesterday. Was in the barn building a new goat pen and was using my belt sander. All of a sudden it stopped so went over the electrical panel and reset the breaker. Sander still did not work so had a look at it, then noticed the cord had got caught in the sander and had been partly cut through. It was only about 10 inches that got damaged so cut out that piece and spliced and soldered it. Runs good as new now. I try and be careful but just took a few seconds of inattention. Just glad it was not a shocking experience. :D

Last year I was using my angle grinder and slipped. Yep! I ground a nice clean 1/2" square chunk of skin off my wrist.:eek: Gloves? Nah! I don't need gloves for this little job.:eek: Don't ask me how many hoses I've mowed. . .sigh!

/ Sanded my power cord #3  
Things can get caught in those darn sanders. Glad you were not hurt. I'm not sure why I am admitting this next part but I once pulled the belt sander trigger with my other hand supporting the belt. :eek: My index finger got sucked into the guard. I just kind of stared in awe of my stupidity while I used my other hand to turn the belt backwards to release my skinned finger. My wife wanted me to go for stitches but I saw no point since there was nothing to stitch. During a regular check up a week or so later my doctor inquired about my bandaged finger. When I told her about it, she gave me that same "wow you are stupid" awestruck look. Not sure if it was because of how I injured myself or if it was because I was treating the wound with ointment and band aids. She prescribed a more comprehensive treatment.

/ Sanded my power cord #5  
Welcome to the club. ;)
More than once I've trim cord or two ;(
Seems newer the power tool hard to replace cord.

/ Sanded my power cord #6  
I usually look at it as a good thing to happen when I slice a cord.I just use another saved cord from a vacuum. they are much longer, then I don't need to use and extension.
Also a good trick Ive found ,When working and I find my "cheap' wal mart circular saw isn't right there Ill borrow a Friends .His is an expensive one.Ill run it through a bit of wood. then hold it in a way he doesn't see the cord and saw
HA Ymmmmm. gosh
and stare at it. He will think you cut the cord off.Maybe i will even add more like you have any electric tape?
LOL

/ Sanded my power cord #8  
Electric hedge trimmer. Twice.

My mother in law has an electric lawnmower for her little backyard. I'm waiting for the "I cut the chord" phone call.

/ Sanded my power cord #9  
I did the belt sander trick a few years ago with my DeWalt belt sander. Sucked the cord up into the plastic housing. Damaged the cord and broke several pieces on the belt sander. I ended up having to take in in for service as I couldn't figure out how to get it all apart.:ashamed::( It think it ended up costing me about $110 to get it fixed. Hated to spend it, but it wasn't that old and I paid $260 for it.:mad: BTW, that didn't include a new cord so it still has black electrical tape on it.