Sander/spreader

/ Sander/spreader #21  
Uhhh, how dumb am I? I just bought a used EZ-Flow spreader for liming my fields. This will work with sand and salt as well? Won't the salt corrode the heck out of it?

/ Sander/spreader #22  
  • DMF said:
    Uhhh, how dumb am I? I just bought a used EZ-Flow spreader for liming my fields. This will work with sand and salt as well? Won't the salt corrode the heck out of it?
  • Let me have it and i will get beck to you in about 5 years to let you know how bad the salt corroded it. LOL

/ Sander/spreader #23  
I just never thought of using it for anything other than lime...

Now I just need to get the tires and wheels up to snuff on it...

/ Sander/spreader #24  
Farmwithjunk said:
I don't have any pictures

All you had to do was ask;)

Attachments

• EZ flow side.jpg
    EZ flow side.jpg
    913.7 KB · Views: 459
  • EZ flow back.jpg
    EZ flow back.jpg
    970.1 KB · Views: 348
   / Sander/spreader #25  
DMF said:

Keep it cleaned out after use. After you wash it out, spray a coat of light oil on everything inside. No more likely to rust than the metal parts on a typical spinner type spreader. I have an old IH "EZ Flow" spreader that's had tons of corrosive fertilizer ran through it. No rusting problem.

/ Sander/spreader #26  
I almost forgot, there is a company that has a small pull type drop sander. I think that it is called an E-Poky. That may not be how it is spelled but that is how it sounds when said. I had contact with someone in Bufflao NY last year, about one. They have one that is made to do side walks. Where I use to work we had one.

/ Sander/spreader #27  
What ratio of salt to sand do you use?
I use
3 parts sand to 1 part salt
2 parts sand to 1 part salt
1 part sand to 1 part salt
depending on how strong a salt mix I want with the sand.

/ Sander/spreader #28  
How does one activate the feeder gate from the tractor seat?

/ Sander/spreader #29  
How does one activate the feeder gate from the tractor seat?

There's a spot you can set the opening for the feeder gate so all you need to do is push the handle down from the tractor seat to the pin in the set location.

If you have a cab then the handle might need to cut down.101_2271.JPG101_2273.JPG