SATOH 630 BULL ELECTRICAL SCHEMATIC ISSUES, OIL PRES AND CHARGE LIGHTS

/ SATOH 630 BULL ELECTRICAL SCHEMATIC ISSUES, OIL PRES AND CHARGE LIGHTS #1  

Sblair123

Tractor
Satoh Bull S-630D
Hello,

When I recently purchased this machine, the charge indicator lamp and oil pressure indicator lamp on tachometer would come on with ignition switch in on position (normal operation). Those pilot lights would then go off after engine turned over and unit was operating at normal condition. After traveling 100ish miles something seems to have changed....those pilot lights did not come on but I can still start unit up with ease...hopefully it stays this way. BUT after a little tinkering I realized the 1 terminal fuse had been blown and I switched it out, fuse immediately gets blown when key is turned into on position. Line in Voltage on terminal 1 reads 12V so I believe I have a short somewhere down line....So I refer to this schematic and manual but something is not right in a couple areas.
1) I have both a temp gauge and a tachometer on my tractors dash......this schematic only shows one gauge and one switch. Where is temperature switch on this schematic?
2) There are wires going into my temp gauge not referenced here.
3) There is what I believe to be an oil press switch that feeds directly from motor into tachometer BUT there is another single wire plugged in to the right on engine going into wire harness? Maybe this is oil press switch and the other larger wire going into tachometer is for measuring speed?
4) On page 56, the manual states 15A fuses are used but schematic clearly has 10A (I am pretty sure the bulbs in my tachometer are blown now because I tried to use a 15A fuse instead of 10A like was originally used..I was being dumb but manual does say 15A protects the bulbs???)
Furthermore, in regards to my problem I am not too concerned about a couple of pilot lights as long as this will not effect the mechanical use of my machine a.k.a. starting it up and turning it off, but I would like it to be fixed as I just bought this thing and its a little discouraging to already be troubleshooting. What do you think? Has anybody else ever noticed these discrepancies and had issues with a short on the #1 circuit?
Thanks
1674679158311.png

/ SATOH 630 BULL ELECTRICAL SCHEMATIC ISSUES, OIL PRES AND CHARGE LIGHTS #2  
Hello,

When I recently purchased this machine, the charge indicator lamp and oil pressure indicator lamp on tachometer would come on with ignition switch in on position (normal operation). Those pilot lights would then go off after engine turned over and unit was operating at normal condition. After traveling 100ish miles something seems to have changed....those pilot lights did not come on but I can still start unit up with ease...hopefully it stays this way. BUT after a little tinkering I realized the 1 terminal fuse had been blown and I switched it out, fuse immediately gets blown when key is turned into on position. Line in Voltage on terminal 1 reads 12V so I believe I have a short somewhere down line....So I refer to this schematic and manual but something is not right in a couple areas.
1) I have both a temp gauge and a tachometer on my tractors dash......this schematic only shows one gauge and one switch. Where is temperature switch on this schematic?
2) There are wires going into my temp gauge not referenced here.
3) There is what I believe to be an oil press switch that feeds directly from motor into tachometer BUT there is another single wire plugged in to the right on engine going into wire harness? Maybe this is oil press switch and the other larger wire going into tachometer is for measuring speed?
4) On page 56, the manual states 15A fuses are used but schematic clearly has 10A (I am pretty sure the bulbs in my tachometer are blown now because I tried to use a 15A fuse instead of 10A like was originally used..I was being dumb but manual does say 15A protects the bulbs???)
Furthermore, in regards to my problem I am not too concerned about a couple of pilot lights as long as this will not effect the mechanical use of my machine a.k.a. starting it up and turning it off, but I would like it to be fixed as I just bought this thing and its a little discouraging to already be troubleshooting. What do you think? Has anybody else ever noticed these discrepancies and had issues with a short on the #1 circuit?
Thanks
View attachment 780723
Like all things. manuals and schematics can be published with errors. I do assist in helping Mitsubishi-Satoh owners, but I have a Yanmar. We share parts between these tractors as they were made in Japan.

I do hope someone will chime in with the correct feedback.

Tracing things down with a volt meter does take some time.

/ SATOH 630 BULL ELECTRICAL SCHEMATIC ISSUES, OIL PRES AND CHARGE LIGHTS #3  
The tractor should run fine without the indicator lamps but you won't know if you lose oil pressure or the alternator quits if the circuit isn't operative. It sounds as though you have a shorted wire somewhere on that circuit. The insulation could be worn through at some point either from rubbing or rodents. You can temporarily replace the fuse with a twelve volt light bulb. It automatically limits its own current but will glow brightly. That may assist you tracking down your problem. It's a lot cheaper than replacing a fuse with every try.

/ SATOH 630 BULL ELECTRICAL SCHEMATIC ISSUES, OIL PRES AND CHARGE LIGHTS
The tractor should run fine without the indicator lamps but you won't know if you lose oil pressure or the alternator quits if the circuit isn't operative. It sounds as though you have a shorted wire somewhere on that circuit. The insulation could be worn through at some point either from rubbing or rodents. You can temporarily replace the fuse with a twelve volt light bulb. It automatically limits its own current but will glow brightly. That may assist you tracking down your problem. It's a lot cheaper than replacing a fuse with every try.
Yes good advice and I think your right…too bad I already blew the bulbs in tachometer haha. By alternator do you mean dynamo? I believe Voltage is consistent at 12V throughout whole circuit from factory.