Satoh Bull Injector Pump

/ Satoh Bull Injector Pump
There should be an oring on the dv holder and a copper gasket on top of the delivery valve.. which must be torqued..
Ur gonna be miles ahead if u just send it to me.!!!
U can reach me directly at:
My screen name at aoldotcom in your home mail server..
Well I just got it going, it was just my ignorance with a diesel in general. I saw you comment another post about starting a diesel with mechanical injection at full throttle and she fired right up and ran. The whole time I was playing with the injector pump I was at maybe 1/4 throttle. Thanks for all your advice.

/ Satoh Bull Injector Pump #13  
not sure if this is related but I have D1850 FD mitsubishi K4A engine, I am having problems where tractor runs good for like half hour then it starts to bog down sputter then it can barely move, i replace fuel filter, made sure tank is vented, cracked fuel lines and seems like #1 cylinder was getting nice healthy squirt and other ones not so much, i took apart injection pump cleaned everything no broken springs, i did find one of the plungers sticky and would only go 1/3 in, i polished it down so it was nice smooth feel, re assembled everything, it fired right up and feels like i am getting more power but still having issue after it gets hot that it looses power and cant run at higher rpms and hear some misfire.. is there a way to adjust each injector individually? btw i checked all the lines and cylinder one still getting the best squirt of fuel and other ones seem about equal on fuel delivery

/ Satoh Bull Injector Pump #14  
U can’t adjust the “injectors”but u can adjust each cylinder on the pump..
#1 is pinned w no adjustment and u set the others to match #1..
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DO IT..
It’s done on a test stand where u can SEE the fuel delivery within a 1/2 of cc..
It’s a very very touchy adjustment..
Your problem sounds like a fuel SUPPLY issue..
You probably need to remove the line that’s coming into the pump and using an air compressor, blow back towards the tank..

REMOVE THE CAP ON THE TANK, otherwise you’ll blow it up..
I ran into a similar situation not to long ago..
I had “plenty” of fuel going into the pump but the engine wouldn’t start.. but it has to, I put new p&b’s and delivery valves in the pump.!!
As a last resort I removed the inlet line AT THE PUMP, removed the cap on the tank and shot a blast of air from the pump to the tank..
I heard a “pop” & then a gush of fuel came thru the line.. I hooked it back up and cranked the engine over.. it started immediately.!!

/ Satoh Bull Injector Pump #15  
i see, i did see 3 screws in the back, thats the only thing i havent touched, is this something that could be done locally, how much would a typical tune cost? as far as fuel ammount is almost like double that 1 puts out compared to the other 3

my engine starts fine everytime i just cant keep is going at full power once it hits some time/temperature i did replace fuel filter bowl and fueline from filter to injector pump, it helped some and more power, i will try to blow out or replace line from fuel filter to tank

/ Satoh Bull Injector Pump #16  
I have no idea what it will cost u locally… Simply call and ask what a 4 cyl PFR pump o/h would cost..
Please DO NOT TRY TO ADJUST IT.. you’ll end up snapping off the adjusters.

/ Satoh Bull Injector Pump #17  
yeah everything is closed for the holiday, i did some further investigation i took of the exhaust header and fired it up and when i crank up throttle to above 2k rpms the cylinders 2 3 and 4 get white smoke and it gets worse at higher throttle, and #1 cylinder seems to be fine no matter what rpms i crank. its not necessarily that i worry about snapping off the little pins,(I am a machinist by trade) its more That it would be really hard to adjust it without proper bench set up, since there is no way to access the pins while its inside the tractor

/ Satoh Bull Injector Pump #18  
Update* had the injector pump rebuilt the guy said it wasnt too bad but he ended up replacing 2 plunger thingys and adding one shim under the roller to get the timing right, cost around 520$ after that it seemed alot better no more cylinder pumping air sound, but still loosing power after sometime....

Then I ended up taking the injectors in the cleaned them up and replaced the tips it ran solid but I started getting temperature light and coolant boiling over through vent tube, I ended up changing oil and I might have had too much oil, I lost my dipstick first year I had it but I cant keep track of oil ended up getting 6 or 7 quarts out of oil pan, I put 4.5 back in still getting overheat issue, but it was 95 degrees out and I was running for about 30 to 40 mins 2200 rpms nonstop with brushhog in tall grass..

I guess next plan of attack is to wait for proper dipstick to come in(currently I have universal dipstick that I cut to aproximate length but it could be off 1 or 2 quarts, also the radiator has bunch of grass in it even behind the cleaning screen about 20% of it, not sure how much difference that will make when I clean it, air filter could use replacement aswell ...

I am not sure ir headgasket is blown but it wasnt loosing any coolant before I redid injector pump it would drip a little bit out of overflow, I checked the coolant it looks normal green orange looking, pretty close to coolant bottle color that I add, did the glove over radiator test its not inflating when I ran the engine,

/ Satoh Bull Injector Pump #19  
Hello, new to the Forum. I have a Satoh Bull I have been rebuilding for quite a while. I am having an issue with the injector pump only getting fuel to one cylinder. One side of the pump doesn’t have fuel coming out. My first diesel and tractor to ever mess with. I have taken this pump apart and cleaned it and put it back together three or four times all with the same result. I am only seeing two Orings inside and both are doing their job. Not sure at this point what my problem is. Thanks for any help.
You have thé pump to be rebuilt
Here in Canada in Joliette quebec i paid 500.oo cdn for thé pump
And 300 to rébuild thé 2 injector
We had for initial start to have thé tractor
Pull out in high gear 3
Put 4 wheel drive
And it started Being pulled by a Ram 2500 at low speed and it finally stated.
Eversince it went well
Before it could not start
Hope to help. Denis

/ Satoh Bull Injector Pump #20  
engine oil capacity-1.06 gallons