eBay/Craigslist Satoh S-650G - Hello -

/ Satoh S-650G - Hello - #11  
I have 22 NF in mine, works ok for me.--turns over good and always starts. thanks; sonny580

/ Satoh S-650G - Hello -
Hi Sonny580,
Looks like a good match, but I'm concerned about the CCAs. It was bitter cold up here this year, and that includes within the last week. Today it was over 40 degrees, but last week it was in the teens. I'm just glad we didn't get the big storm they were forecasting. I'm slowly moving down my list. Here are a couple of pictures from the last couple of work days. One comes with a question. Do any of you, (S-650G owners) have a mid mount PTO? I haven't seen it listed as part of the tractor configuration, but as you'll see I have one on my tractor. The second set of pictures is my tar filled gas tank.
Mid PTO_001.jpgMid PTO_004.jpgMid PTO_005.jpg
Looking at the middle picture there is a lever that engages the PTO? It doesn't seem to lock front or rear at this point I'm wondering if it has to be under power? In the pictures of the gas tank and filter you can see why the previous owner thought it was shot. Looking into that filter you might guess a new tank was in order as well. I just happened to know that there was a filter there.

Attachments

• Satoh Tank filter_002.jpg
    Satoh Tank filter_002.jpg
    319 KB · Views: 169
  • Satoh Tank_001.jpg
    Satoh Tank_001.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 153
  • Satoh Tank_002.jpg
    Satoh Tank_002.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
   / Satoh S-650G - Hello - #13  
I also just bought a Satoh 650 that I will be restoring. Does anyone know where I could purchase a front end loader for it?

/ Satoh S-650G - Hello - #14  
I own a Mitsu 180D (big brother) and I simply install the largest battery that fits.
The K3 diesel wants repetitive glow plug cycles when cold so large is a plus. (also like block heat when cold)
Great work horse,

/ Satoh S-650G - Hello - #16  
My S-650-G does not have mid pto, that I remember!---Gotta look for sure, but dont remember seeing one one mine!
The pto lever feels like it just lays back on mine.--not a snap like a dent or anything.---might hafta look again!--tractor is 26 miles from here on a fence job, and should be home soon!
As for loaders,--you would probably have to either build one to fit, or adapt a light one to fit.---I wouldn't use loader on it because the steering box is not built very heavy!--I had to rebuild mine and it's not a fun job!---Also without power steering, it would be a bear to steer!-- If you do a loader, don't get a very big/heavy one! I have 3 New Holland skid loaders, a 1956 Deere 420-U loader/backhoe, case 580-ck loader/backhoe, IH 250-c- series II crawler loader, plus others so in my case I don't need
loaders right now. thanks; sonny580

/ Satoh S-650G - Hello -
Well, I blew this reply last night when I fell asleep and then just turned off the computer without checking for unfinished work. Tpr26 I don't have a clue where you can get the loader, but they were a factory accessory. The lifting power was listed as 1653.7 lbs. So that's what you need to find in whatever you can get. I've seen plenty of them without power assist steering, but my experience with my Kubota is that you really want power assist. All that being said, I really would like to find the front, side mount headlights, carburetor parts, or a whole carb, and the rear spot light. If you have just an original lens I can work with that. (Rusted out bucket?) My lens is marked Satoh, so I'd like to replace it with the same lens. There are lots of other parts I need, but lets start with the small stuff.

Has anyone had trouble with their throttle? My throttle lever isn't moving, but it seems as though the trouble is in the throttle wire where it bends. Otherwise everything goes in and out, just not all the way from one end to the other. I also have a funky looking set up that isn't shown in the parts manual that holds that corner. It has to be some kind of replacement, but I would rather have the two simple metal pieces that it was designed for. I'll try to get some pictures soon, but Vermont is having crazy cold, snowy weather right now, and I'm doing some things inside that need to be done.

Anyone with a parts tractor let me know what you have and we'll work out something. Otherwise, I'm on the hunt.

Since I have the parts catalog now. (Paid a small fortune) I can scan a page or two if you need to see how things go together. Later guys and gals.

/ Satoh S-650G - Hello - #18  
Compact Driver, I just bought a Series 24 for mine and its a 540 CCA. I really didn't want to spend $130 for the 51. I had to alter the battery holder slightly, but this battery is $50 and it spins it over just fine. With no cold weather it should work just fine here in Fl.

/ Satoh S-650G - Hello - #19  
Finally got my S650G 27 hp tractor running but I can see that it needs carb work. Have to partially choke it to keep it running. Anyone know of the correct kit to use on these? I understand many of the kits sold have parts that are not correct. Thanks in advance for your info. My tractor runs well, and of course has some hydraulic leaks, but seems strong. Will post some photos when I get the new wiring job all tucked away.

/ Satoh S-650G - Hello - #20  
On mine you have to kinda fiddle with the choke as you go! lol!! The throttle works good, kinda stiff but will pull peg the tach. with no problem yet IF you mess with the choke, it will idle at 500.
For a carb kit I checked into one and found it would be $100. and has a million tiny parts in it so I never got one.--- I wonder if a Mazda dealer could get one?---This engine is the same one that they used in the Mazda 626 sedan. ---Read a story a while back about a guy taking one of these and tweeked it a bit and clocked 250 mph on race track! I know they scream!---Mine has a harley davidson muffler on it and screams like a 71 series Detroit diesel! lol!