Satoh S650G PTO oil leak??

/ Satoh S650G PTO oil leak?? #1  

JTbowman

Hello folks,

I have an Satoh S650G and noticed some oil leaking out at the bottom of the PTO shaft. I looked around on-line a bit and didn't find any help on replacing the seal, but from other tractor brands it looked to be a pretty straight forward job (removed the mounting plate, pull PTO shaft out, replace seal, and put back together). So I parked it on an incline, back end on the high side, and removed the 6 bolts mounting the PTO shaft cover plate. I was then able to slide out the PTO shaft straight back just a couple inches until it hung up. I can move it in and out with about a 1 inch range but it doesn't want to go all the way back in or come straight out. When I'm moving it PTO engagement level wiggles back and forth as well.

So I'd like to figure out how to pull it out so I can replace the seal. Or if that is not a fairly simple job I'd like to get it back in place, and just top the oil off as needed. Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks - JT

/ Satoh S650G PTO oil leak??
Just a quick update: I got everything back together now but didn't get the repair done (never got the PTO shaft all the way out). So any instructions on how to do the job would be great. Thanks.

/ Satoh S650G PTO oil leak?? #3  
   / Satoh S650G PTO oil leak??
Thanks chux. I'll keep these handy for the off season. For now, I'll just keep it topped off.

/ Satoh S650G PTO oil leak?? #5  
Where did you find a new seal at? I have the same tractor and the pto seal is bad.

/ Satoh S650G PTO oil leak?? #6  
Thanks chux. I'll keep these handy for the off season. For now, I'll just keep it topped off.
JTbowman. I hate to kick a dead horse here but, wondering if you ever got the PTO seal changed 9 years ago :). It looks like in those PDF docs from Chux, the shaft has a snap ring on the end. Just curious how it went since Im in the same boat of changing this seal.