Saving Money as Prices Increase

/ Saving Money as Prices Increase #421  
It takes me about 8 hours using a four foot mower to mow around approx 3500 graves and lots of open area.
I've been mowing it off and on for about 25 years. We can mow about an hour faster with the big church ZT, but I take my own JD X390 over
since I can fit between many of the gravestones the bigger mower can't. I go slow, it's very exacting work since you just cannot wack into a 300 years old headstone.
But to your point, you bet, these folks aren't moving around.

Several of my ancestors are buried in a 150 year old cemetery. In the past 10 or so years, I've noticed some dinged up markers due to mowing with ZTRs faster than they ought to be mowing. That wouldn't have been acceptable in previous years. I suspect they've done more damage in the last 10 years than in all of the prior 140 years combined.

Thank you for caring enough to go slow.

/ Saving Money as Prices Increase #422  
You are welcome. Not to get off topic, but I installed a 2 inch tall by foot long strip of slippery plastic on left leading/trimming edge of my last mower.
Specifically for gravestones, so if I nudged one, and it happens, after thousands of perfect passes you simply drift, or whatever, but if I do nudge the stone with that
slippery plastic, I leave nothing on the stone. And certainly not JD yellow.
I have four of my family already buried there including my wife. I take it pretty slow and enjoy the ride. And company.