Saw my first Tesla Model X SUV in the parking lot today.

/ Saw my first Tesla Model X SUV in the parking lot today. #21  
Use of those supercharger stations is free to any Tesla owner. I don't see how, with free electric available (anyplace there happens to be a supercharger station), it would tally out to 15MPG. I'm not shocked they're not commonly used. If you have the money to own a Tesla, "free electric" isn't a big deal...
Good luck finding one. I'm a pilot and travel this country weekly. I've maybe seen 5.

Chris

/ Saw my first Tesla Model X SUV in the parking lot today. #22  
There is a Tesla service and delivery center about 5 minutes from my work. I thought it would be cool if they had electric service vehicles for their shops, the just use regular tow trucks and F350s with tilt trailers. :D

Tesla should get right on that lol. Wasn't it Nash years ago that designed and built their own tow trucks just for dealers to use on their vehicles? Not saying it would be a sound business decision, just cool.

/ Saw my first Tesla Model X SUV in the parking lot today. #23  
Good luck finding one. I'm a pilot and travel this country weekly. I've maybe seen 5.

Chris

I've only ever seen one, that doesn't mean they don't exist in decent quantity in the places folk buy and drive them. They actually have a pretty decent amount of coverage for no longer than they've been building them...

Find Us | Tesla Motors

/ Saw my first Tesla Model X SUV in the parking lot today. #24  
I've only ever seen one, that doesn't mean they don't exist in decent quantity in the places folk buy and drive them. They actually have a pretty decent amount of coverage for no longer than they've been building them...

Find Us | Tesla Motors

Wow. That is shocking. I had no idea there were that many.

/ Saw my first Tesla Model X SUV in the parking lot today. #25  
Yea, I can't imagine any other auto manufacturer installing a bunch of gas stations and providing free gas. Which is basically what Tesla is doing...

/ Saw my first Tesla Model X SUV in the parking lot today. #26  
I've been a fan of old Citroen 2CV vans and the larger Citreon vans but this morphed small delivery van would be exciting to drive ...... 2CV NIMIK: Capristo's Sound . Turn the volume up.

/ Saw my first Tesla Model X SUV in the parking lot today. #27  

Find Us | Tesla Motors

Good luck in Nebraska! :laughing:

/ Saw my first Tesla Model X SUV in the parking lot today. #29  
None in North Dakota, either.

/ Saw my first Tesla Model X SUV in the parking lot today. #30  
Use of those supercharger stations is free to any Tesla owner. I don't see how, with free electric available (anyplace there happens to be a supercharger station), it would tally out to 15MPG. I'm not shocked they're not commonly used. If you have the money to own a Tesla, "free electric" isn't a big deal...

And how long with those "free" stations be free if people start actually using them in anything resembling mass quantities?

And how does Tesla subsidizing the cost of electricity for their customers help to solve any energy problems?

While we're at it, how does generating electricity by conventional means and using in a car help to solve any energy problems?

The ONLY thing electric vehicles do is to reduce the efficiency of the energy production and usage cycle, and to move pollution from one place to another, and possibly, from one kind to another. (That might make sense for some places, like Los Angeles.)