Sc2400 issue

/ Sc2400 issue #1  

Nate88

Tractor
Sc2400
Hello, we have the yanmar/cub cadet sc2400.. it does have the mowing deck with the front bucket attachment. The issue we are having is while mowing or not mowing reverse is almost useless when backing up a slight grade. It does have the hydrostatic “whine” when pushing the pedal to reverse and will come to a stop while backing. Forward is good, but the machine lacks the power to fill up or scoop while using the bucket, I could easily use a hand shovel vs using the front bucket attachment. My uncle changed the transmission filter on 50hr service and used a wix filter, which seemed to be when the issues arrived. We changed the oil and filter again using oem filter but hasn’t helped any, wix filter maybe had wrong micron for flow or some other issues? Oil level in transmission is full. Thanks for your time

/ Sc2400 issue #2  
Nate, couple of questions, 1. Did you purchase it new 2. Where are you located 3. One thing is don't use the tractor why, there might be an issue with the trans and you do not want debris moving around in trans, Please send me a private message

/ Sc2400 issue #3  
your problem Is the reverse check valve on top off the transmission under inspection plate in floorboard part number 1A7050-24990

/ Sc2400 issue #4  
your problem Is the reverse check valve on top off the transmission under inspection plate in floorboard part number 1A7050-24990
Tier4 correct, Yanmar had the issue and sent these updated valves to all the dealers to replace the originals, Nate, you should call your dealer and ask him to contact Yanmar on sending a new valve at nc, also if they would pay to have the dealer replace it. This pic shows what the old valve looks like, you don't want to use the tractor until is repaired, as any parts can get into the trans
2400 ck valve what to look for..JPG

/ Sc2400 issue
My apologies for delayed response and much thanks for the help.. I finally got back to the machine and took the check valve out.

Attachments

• C0A6A5DB-2C44-45CF-9FBD-14150BF99A02.jpeg
    C0A6A5DB-2C44-45CF-9FBD-14150BF99A02.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 139
  • FA6E68A5-2436-4086-B0BA-4EB0D7D8AA67.jpeg
    FA6E68A5-2436-4086-B0BA-4EB0D7D8AA67.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 145
   / Sc2400 issue #6  
I have 500 hours on my SC2400 with nothing but Wix filters including the hydro, fuel and oil. Travellers oil and hydro fluid from TSC meets and exceeds all the requirements of these Yanmar built tractors with CC colors and attachments. Same goes for a fleet of bucket trucks and cranes I service on a regular basis with the exception of the hydro fluid. I doubt that Your uncles fluid change caused the problem unless he used the wrong type fluid. If this was the case the system is contaminated and needs completely drained and refilled.

Just realized this post has been up a while. Wondering if you had any luck with your problem?

Last edited: