Good fuel flow to carb
New carb
Valves adjusted

Compression
Right 100
Left 115

Battery charged
All safeties working

Got it back from local repair guy today, unable to id problem, suggests maybe replace engine.
While I can find FH580v, it’s the AS33 that has me baffled as to appropriate substitutes.
Suggestions?

Last edited:
   / Scag died #2  
You have compression, spark, and (starter fluid) fuel. Valve problem? Sticking open?

/ Scag died
valves adjusted

/ Scag died #4  
Is the spark weak looking ? Lots of ignition systems can deliver a spark ouside of the compression stroke but not in one. The reason is possibly a CDI unit or whatever is used for spark control.

/ Scag died
Spark is strong, been tried with different plugs and points. Observed just bare and with tester.

/ Scag died #7  
I have a 2010 Scag Wildcat with a 26hp Kawasaki engine. First couple of years it was flawless. Then the safety switches started acting up and it wouldn't start until I figured out which one it was and either bypassed it, or replaced it. This just got worse and worse.

Eventually I pulled every wire off of the mower and just wired up what I absolutely needed to start it and keep it running.

I don't know what's wrong with your Scag, but from what I've seen, it's electrical, and it's probably part of the safety stuff that they have on them.

/ Scag died
I still suspect it could be a timing issue.

Yea, the electrical has been a problem a couple times. All the safeties check out and it does crank.

I had replaced the control module earlier, only way to start was jump the ground, otherwise it didn’t even crank. New module was in several months before current issue.