Scrapping the Chrysler Turbine Cars

/ Scrapping the Chrysler Turbine Cars #12  
Yes indeed. Old Dodge Power Giant. Probably a 413 V8 engine in it
Back when I hauled steel for the company I retired from, we did a lot of Chrysler Stamping on 8 and Mound Road, went there a couple times a week and many times there was a guy who came in with a jet black Giant with a diesel in it, never asked what was under the hood but I always got a kick out of seeing it. Very imposing road tractor. They have a sinister look about them, but then I love old diesel trucks anyway. Autocars are my favorite, A Cars and Reo Raiders.

/ Scrapping the Chrysler Turbine Cars #14  
I saw one make a 1/4 mile pass at the Mopar Nats years ago. It was actually pretty slow, like a 18 second time. They might have been dogging it to.

I watched just a little of the video. I had to stop when I caught myself screaming at my IPad. “Carefull with that forklift, you’ll scratch the paint”!

Me and two buddies rescued a 66 hemi Belvedere II from a junk yard about 30 years ago and resold it. It had been picked up by a forklift and the guy missed the first time. Kind of a nasty dent in the rocker panel.

/ Scrapping the Chrysler Turbine Cars #15  
Many years ago, my son and I attended the Honda Defensive Driving School at Mid-Ohio Raceway.

One of the instructors commented during orientation that Honda had swapped out 50 of the student cars a week ago. I asked if Honda cleaned them up and sold them. He said they would all be crushed due to liability concerns because of the abuse they get!

/ Scrapping the Chrysler Turbine Cars #16  
Most of the lake boats i've seen with turbines in them.

budweiser.jpg