Screw in front tire, no air leaking, should I worry about it?

/ Screw in front tire, no air leaking, should I worry about it? #21  
I came out of a service call in the spring and found my front Sierra tire flat. Found a tiny unexplained hole in the sidewall, close to the tread. Borrowed some shop air from the customer and put a tiny #4 screw in the hole. Tried to buy a mini patch kit off E-Bay but it turend out to be the regular size and I don't want to make the hole bigger. So the screw is still in there but I think those tires leak so badly on the rims, that the screw isn't even loosing air!

/ Screw in front tire, no air leaking, should I worry about it? #22  
I came out of a service call in the spring and found my front Sierra tire flat. Found a tiny unexplained hole in the sidewall, close to the tread. Borrowed some shop air from the customer and put a tiny #4 screw in the hole. Tried to buy a mini patch kit off E-Bay but it turend out to be the regular size and I don't want to make the hole bigger. So the screw is still in there but I think those tires leak so badly on the rims, that the screw isn't even loosing air!

I’ve had good luck with a screw that was threaded in vs pushed sealing holes. My success rate with the diy plug kits working hasn’t been good. Virtually every one I’ve done has still had a tiny leak.

/ Screw in front tire, no air leaking, should I worry about it? #23  
Some kind of plastic fine threaded wood type screw that reacts to contact cement, would be cool. I should run down to the patent office.

/ Screw in front tire, no air leaking, should I worry about it? #24  
Driving back to my office in the company car, I heard the telltale click,click,click of something fairly large stuck in a tire. I stopped and found a 1/2 inch lag bolt with a hex head fully imbedded on one tire. I managed to make it to the tire repair place the company used. They pulled a 1/2 inch lag bolt out about 4 inches long. They said that wasn't the first one they had seen that day. Apparently someone had accidently dropped a box of them on the street.

/ Screw in front tire, no air leaking, should I worry about it? #25  
I never leave anything stuck in a tire. I'd rather address it on my terms in the shop on concrete than somewhere on the road or in the timber. :)

I feel the same as Richard on this. I have RimGuard in my tires so if the nail/screw ever causes a problem it will be a mess. Maybe if I had a little sub-compact I would not be as ****, but my tires are way to big for me to handle.

Funny how buying a tire repair kit might be a decent solution...LOL Murphy is a bastard.

/ Screw in front tire, no air leaking, should I worry about it? #26  
A favourite joke of mine is to let the air out of someones tire, and take the biggest ugliest crooked nail I can find, grind it off on an angle and silly glue it onto their sidewall! Perfect for that WTF moment!

/ Screw in front tire, no air leaking, should I worry about it? #27  
Driving back to my office in the company car, I heard the telltale click,click,click of something fairly large stuck in a tire. I stopped and found a 1/2 inch lag bolt with a hex head fully imbedded on one tire. I managed to make it to the tire repair place the company used. They pulled a 1/2 inch lag bolt out about 4 inches long. They said that wasn't the first one they had seen that day. Apparently someone had accidently dropped a box of them on the street.

Bummer!!!! As my gang often says, "that'll leave a mark". :(

/ Screw in front tire, no air leaking, should I worry about it? #28  
I feel the same as Richard on this. I have RimGuard in my tires so if the nail/screw ever causes a problem it will be a mess. Maybe if I had a little sub-compact I would not be as ****, but my tires are way to big for me to handle.

Funny how buying a tire repair kit might be a decent solution...LOL Murphy is a bastard.

I carry a tire plug kit in my offroad buggy, and in my onroad truck, and in my Kubota tractor. Good, cheap insurance. :)

/ Screw in front tire, no air leaking, should I worry about it? #29  
A favourite joke of mine is to let the air out of someones tire, and take the biggest ugliest crooked nail I can find, grind it off on an angle and silly glue it onto their sidewall! Perfect for that WTF moment!

You need to find something to do with your time..... :)

/ Screw in front tire, no air leaking, should I worry about it? #30  
My dad had a slow leak in his tire so he pulled a nail out, then he had a fast leak. He put some glue on the nail, inserted it back into the hole, and drove to town to have it fixed. I believe he bought a new set.

Years ago I realized most of my flats came in the last quarter of their tread life. Now I try not to run them down to the wear markers any longer. As cars move to the NO SPARE concept not milking them dry even makes more sense to me.