scut ride comfort while mowing, R4 vs turf vs R14

/ scut ride comfort while mowing, R4 vs turf vs R14
Ok guys, reporting back. I found 15 psi on the rear tires pretty good. I had 22 psi up front with the loader on, moving dirt. I found the ride more comfortable with just rear tires lowered in psi.

The last 2 days, I've been mowing with the loader off. Very noticeable difference in comfort level when mowing, wow I'm really impressed! I tried it both 22 psi up front and then lowered them to 17 psi. Lowering the front tire psi does improve the comfort somewhat even more.

/ scut ride comfort while mowing, R4 vs turf vs R14 #62  
Anybody with input on that? I got R4 tires on mine, worked great for all the brush/tree/dirty work I had to do on my property. But now that I got that mostly done, the GC is now used more for mowing, yet I find the ride sux on my uneven ground. Compared to it, my garden tractor is way more comfortable for mowing, so I find myself using it more, even though the Massey's mower deck is way more capable. I was looking to improve that, wondering about swapping tires.
Try getting a new seat with proper suspension instead of tires. Little tractors all seem to have crappy seats today. Even some of the bigger ones. Cas in point my open station M9. Crappy vinyl covered seat, marginal suspension. Took the seat and suspension off, bought a real suspension from K&M and a real seat with armrests and lumbar adjustment in Water resistant cloth from Rural King. Cured my crappy ride issue.

Tractors have no suspension, at least most don't so tires have little to do with tide quality, it's all in the seat and suspension.

/ scut ride comfort while mowing, R4 vs turf vs R14 #63  
Take the loader and any rear implements off the tractor while mowing if you aren’t already.

Last edited:
   / scut ride comfort while mowing, R4 vs turf vs R14 #64  
Take the loader and any rear implements off the tractor while moving if you aren’t already.
I would only do this while stationary. :D

/ scut ride comfort while mowing, R4 vs turf vs R14 #65  
   / scut ride comfort while mowing, R4 vs turf vs R14 #66  
Ok guys, reporting back. I found 15 psi on the rear tires pretty good. I had 22 psi up front with the loader on, moving dirt. I found the ride more comfortable with just rear tires lowered in psi.

The last 2 days, I've been mowing with the loader off. Very noticeable difference in comfort level when mowing, wow I'm really impressed! I tried it both 22 psi up front and then lowered them to 17 psi. Lowering the front tire psi does improve the comfort somewhat even more.
oh yeah loader on/off makes huge difference in ride quality.
been trying to talk my older neighbor to remove his bucket on GC1725M while mowing but...teaching old dog new tricks issue in play....

/ scut ride comfort while mowing, R4 vs turf vs R14 #67  
   / scut ride comfort while mowing, R4 vs turf vs R14
oh yeah loader on/off makes huge difference in ride quality.
been trying to talk my older neighbor to remove his bucket on GC1725M while mowing but...teaching old dog new tricks issue in play....
I always take the loader off when mowing.

What I meant was, lowering back tire pressure with loader on helped the ride when hauling around dirt. With the loader off and mowing, the ride is much improved with only rear tire pressure decreased, and slightly even more improved with lowering front tire pressure as well.

So basically what I'm saying is, lowering the back tire pressure while leaving the front tire pressure at max, seems good enough to smooth out the ride in either case, loader on or off.