search light. M7040

/ search light. M7040 #1  

m7040

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, MF 203 industrial, ZD331, RTV 1100 , Kubota Minix excavator, Unimog 404
Here are a couple of pictures of the Golight search light that I mounted on the tractor cab corner instead of the regular worklight. It works off the remote control shown in the second pictures and can swivel in all directions at two speeds. It is quite a focussed beam at 500,000 lumens. Involved some fabrication to make a bracket platform for the mounting. Uses the same power supply as the original light since it only draws about 5 amp.

Attachments

• IMG_0130.JPG
    IMG_0130.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_0131.JPG
    IMG_0131.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 232
   / search light. M7040 #2  
That is really pretty cool. Is it a lot brighter than your previous work light? Kinda makes your tractor looks like it's winking at me!;) Do you have a website for that light?

/ search light. M7040 #4  
Did you pick the SPOT light model or the FLOOD light model?

A former member who I stay in touch with added a GoLite to his Kristi snowcat a few months ago. Since then I've been thinking of adding one of those to my Snow Trac but want the SPOT light version for the Snow Trac. I've also been thinking of adding a FLOOD light to the tractors, with the removable base version you can mount a base on each machine and just move the light as needed. But I just can't imagine buying both a Spot and a Flood version, so I may end up with just the Flood light version for the tractors and making due with it on the Snow Trac. The only thing I don't like about the removable units is they have a slight taller profile because of the mounting base.

Is yours the fixed base or the removeable version? Are you happy with your choice?

/ search light. M7040
Bob, this is the spot light version with fixed base. Very pleased with it. It comes with a stainlass steel mounting plate that bolts to the base plate or roof top. The light then slides in to hook on the plate and one screw in the rear secures it. Problem was I did not want it on top of the roof so had to fabricate a plate to mount where the old light was and this in turn required a support bracket shaped to bolt on to the mirror bracket. It is very sturdy now and mounts low like I wanted.Got it on sale from one of the Cabelas superstores for outdoor stuff.

/ search light. M7040 #6  
Wow! I'm envious! That's a light I WANT.... ;)

But then, I'd want to work all night AND all day.... never would see the little lady :eek:

/ search light. M7040 #7  
What on earth are you going to do with that thing? It looks to be a serious tool. Are you going to use it like a work light? It really looks really cool. I'd like to have one too but I just can't justify spending the money on that because I have so many other things I need/want!

Bob, I am all but positive I know who that former member is. If it's who I think it is it's a shame he left.

/ search light. M7040 #8  
m7040 said:
Bob, this is the spot light version with fixed base. Very pleased with it. It comes with a stainlass steel mounting plate that bolts to the base plate or roof top. The light then slides in to hook on the plate and one screw in the rear secures it. Problem was I did not want it on top of the roof so had to fabricate a plate to mount where the old light was and this in turn required a support bracket shaped to bolt on to the mirror bracket. It is very sturdy now and mounts low like I wanted.Got it on sale from one of the Cabelas superstores for outdoor stuff.

I have a light like that also. I mounted it in the front center of my 3430 cab with velcro. The mount works great and sticks like crazy :) . I also have my amber emergency beacon mounted with velcro and never had a problem with either mount.

Bill

/ search light. M7040 #9  
The thing that caught my eye was the remote control... if you are out there and the light isn't quite right...just adjust it from afar.... great deal:D

I agree, there is a difference between what I NEED and what I WANT:eek:

/ search light. M7040
Quess this was a case of wanted it because I dont stricly need it. But it sure makes it convenient after dark to be able to light up the area and adjust it from the work area with the remote. There are many possibilities with this thing being so powerfull