Searching for a truck I may never find?

/ Searching for a truck I may never find?
The good thing about the 6.0 is that they're cheap and you can still work on them. It's a 20 year old engine design and all the bugs are known and the fixes are known. If you work on your own vehicles they're a cheap diesel option. If you have to take them to a mechanic then a 6.0 can break you quick.

The truck OP is looking for is available all day long in the south, market place would be the place to search.

This

So how to search for rust-free ‘06-‘07 Duramax 3500 SRW 4x4 outside of your area?

/ Searching for a truck I may never find? #22  
Yep. A well loved one is 20K +
A rust bucket is 10-15k.

What I am wondering is if my brothers in AZ, SoCAL, etc are tripping over them and theres a lot of them in those areas that I could chose from?

My only problem seems to be rust, which is typically minimal in the southwest.
You will most likely have better luck there for body condition. The interiors will most likely be sun scorched, though.

A few years ago we were in OK where one of our children lives, and we found lots of good body vehicles. No salt. Interior plastics and vinyls were faded and/or cracked, and prices were as they are everywhere, a bit high, but there are quit a few out there. Plenty of good bones to work with. Good luck in your search.

/ Searching for a truck I may never find? #23  
This

So how to search for rust-free ‘06-‘07 Duramax 3500 SRW 4x4 outside of your area?
Few different ways...

1. Tap in the top right of Facebook.
  2. Scroll down and tap Marketplace. If you don't see Marketplace, tap See more.
  3. Tap then tap Search Marketplace and enter what you're looking for (example: table).
  4. Tap to select location or distance. Or tap Filters to sort by price.
  5. Tap Apply.

Or

/ Searching for a truck I may never find? #24  
Probably shouldn't waste your money. I heard snow plowing is going to be outlawed as an environmental tragedy. Snow needs to stay in its natural state until nature melts it. The fuel to remove the snow poisons the planet. How dare you! Besides, everyone knows how to shelter in place now.

This started as a joke, but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

Probably shouldn't waste your money. I heard snow plowing is going to be outlawed as an environmental tragedy. Snow needs to stay in its natural state until nature melts it. The fuel to remove the snow poisons the planet. How dare you! Besides, everyone knows how to shelter in place now.

This started as a joke, but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened.
Pathetically, yes you might be right.

Something like this? Based on the location it may be a rust bucket.

https://www.carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/97987896
Yeah that truck is in rough shape, BUT that’s kind of what I’m looking for.

I had found this last week-fairly close to where I live. $7500, but needed transmission work (reverse slips).

It sold in just 2 days.

1703978206920.jpeg

I’d probably just get a gasser for a plow truck. Why diesel for a plow truck.
I prefer diesel because they hold their value, put more weight on front axle (helps with traction) and you always get the Allison transmission.
I prefer a 1-ton because you get more sprung rear for salt spreader.

Plus I may yank a trailer around with it, too.

Last edited:
A 3500 ~75 miles from me. Wants $24,000!!! Don’t like wheels/tires. Otherwise just right.

1703983604485.jpeg