Seat cover coming off

/ Seat cover coming off #1  

RaydaKub

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2230
My BX seat cover has just let go on one side. Has anyone tried to fix these? What holds the cover in place? There is that strip around the edge, but does that just pinch the vinyl in place? I was looking at some of the threads for replacement seats and they look mighty nice, but I don't know if they would fit a BX. There so much advice in this community, I'm hoping somebody has a cheap & dirty way to get this back in shape. Thanks fellas.

/ Seat cover coming off #2  
If the foam and metal are still in good shape, take it to a vinyl repair shop. That will be less than a new seat.

/ Seat cover coming off #3  
I used Gorilla Glue on my Deere 4400 seat when it separated from the seat pan (metal). If that's what happened to your seat, give it a try. Since there's no good way to clamp the seat covering to the pan, I used a 50 lb bag of sand to hold it in place for a day or so while it cured.
Once you repair the seat, I suggest you look for a seat cover. There's nice ones for Deere seats on eBay. I'm sure you can find something similar for your Kubota.

/ Seat cover coming off #4  
About four years ago Kubota had a replacement seat offering for the awful B/BX forward sloping seats.The normal deal at the time $27 and your old seat for the new version.Last year,our local dealer and Messicks still had the replacement seats for $99.Could be an option for you.I'ts a good seat!I also recall seeing a decent looking Kubota replacement seat at the new TSC here at about $110.Good Luck!

/ Seat cover coming off #5  
There are some seat covers on ebay.

/ Seat cover coming off #6  
Is your BX still under warranty? I have a 2011- L3200 and the seat cover just decided to seperate from the foam and kinda looked like it just bubbled out from the frame. Called my dealer and told him what it was doing and they replaced the seat for free because I was still within my 2 year factory warranty. Your tractor picture looks like a newer model, so I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in. :)

/ Seat cover coming off
Is your BX still under warranty? :)

Don't I wish! :laughing: I bought it off eBay with 591 hours on it last fall. They were guessing by the serial number it's a 2004 model. I've put over 50 hours on it since then and it just started the last 2 times I had it out, but already the right side is almost wide open. Gotta see If Menard's or HD has the Gorilla super glue Roy suggested.

/ Seat cover coming off #8  
In the same situation with my B7610 seat. When I purchased mine last month, also an 04, the front edge of the seat and across the top in the middle were loose. Finally, when I found out a new seat from Kubota is $238, I used black "Gaffer" tape. This stuff is stickyer and stronger than duct tape and does NOT leave a residue when you remove it.............Anyway, 20 hours later and it is still holding...........

Anyone found a replacement seat for the BX or B series?????????.....................God bless.........Dennis

/ Seat cover coming off #9  
About four years ago Kubota had a replacement seat offering for the awful B/BX forward sloping seats.The normal deal at the time $27 and your old seat for the new version.Last year,our local dealer and Messicks still had the replacement seats for $99.Could be an option for you.I'ts a good seat!I also recall seeing a decent looking Kubota replacement seat at the new TSC here at about $110.Good Luck!

Any idea of the model number for the Kubota seat or the TSC??????????..............THANKS.........God bless...................Dennis

/ Seat cover coming off #10  
Dennis,I looked at my invoice from last year and the Kubota part number was B1013.Seems odd as Kubota part numbers are usually 10 digit.Call a few dealers and ask about the replacement seat.The TSC seat number is 1012108,sells for $119.95 locally.Fits six different bolt patterns.Hope you find something affordable!