Seat cover preservative??

/ Seat cover preservative?? #1  

Wacky

Veteran Member
Tractor
2010 GC2610
I will not be using armor all. What kind of uv protectant can I use on a seat that won't make it greasy, slick?:confused: Also want to spray something on my hydro hoses too. Thanks guys!

/ Seat cover preservative?? #3  
Egon said it all!
Although I'd use a protectorate sleeving material rather then duct tape on the hoses.

/ Seat cover preservative??
:laughing::laughing: But I cannot stay on it all the time!!!:laughing:. Duct tape would leave a bad mess when it starts to fall off.
The sleeving material would be a bit bulky in some spots.

/ Seat cover preservative?? #5  
Focusing on the seat...I'd wager most seat tears result from having a tool in one's back pocket. So, make sure your back pockets are empty when you operate the machine.
When the tractor is setting idle, tilt that seat forward. That will reduce the amount of UV light (sunlight) on it. UV light is detrimental to plastics and vinyls (although they're a lot better then a couple decades ago...you rarely see a car/truck with a degraded dash panel anymore).
Even better then tilting the seat, find a way to cover it entirely. It'll be a bit of a hassle, but that's the price if you want to keep it nice.

Frequent cleaning with soap and water will help too.

Although I like Armor-All, I agree that it's not to be used on a functional surface...way too slippery.

Now the hoses: You'll have to trim the sleeving for a best fit. It may be a bit bulky, but TANSTAAFL.

/ Seat cover preservative?? #6  
Go to www.trek7.com...they have a cheap, water based UVA and UVB blocking product called Ray Bloc. It is designed for outdoor use on tents, canopies, outdoor furniture, etc. I've stopped using Armor All since finding it.

/ Seat cover preservative?? #7  
Go to www.trek7.com...they have a cheap, water based UVA and UVB blocking product called Ray Bloc. It is designed for outdoor use on tents, canopies, outdoor furniture, etc. I've stopped using Armor All since finding it.

Good find, mustangsallysdad!!!

Thanks for posting it! How long have you used this product?

/ Seat cover preservative?? #8  
Good find, mustangsallysdad!!!

Thanks for posting it! How long have you used this product?
Roy, probably about 3 years now...originally got it for the boat and my wife's outdoor furniture...figured out real quick that it's 10x better than Armor All. No more slick and greasy.

/ Seat cover preservative??
Thanks guys. Roy, where can someone find that hose-wrap at a decent price?

/ Seat cover preservative?? #10  
Thanks guys. Roy, where can someone find that hose-wrap at a decent price?

IIRC, it was McMaster-Carr. I can't recall the item number, so you'll have to search a bit. BTW, I got some for a non-tractor related task several years ago
Might be easier to buy if from your tractor dealer...cost may be a bit higher, but it's a one time purchase.