seat jam nut on BX24 campaign notice letter

/ seat jam nut on BX24 campaign notice letter #1  

radioman

Tractor
Kubota BX24
I just got the letter in the mail today about a mandatory campaign notice and it also comes with a sheet with instructions how to check the jam nut. I cant help but notice in the pictures it has the BX25 not the BX24.:confused2:
Basically kubota wants me not to operate the tractor if the seat is loose. :rolleyes:
FYI - this is the FIRST recall letter I have ever gotten and you can imagine my surprise.

/ seat jam nut on BX24 campaign notice letter #2  
Here the letter I received today. image-88430397.jpg image-3641489792.jpg image-1185905617.jpg

Sorry but my phone did not rotate the letter the correct way.

/ seat jam nut on BX24 campaign notice letter #3  
My seat came loose the second day after I got it last year.They picked it up and had to replace the plastic slides and bearings......JB.

/ seat jam nut on BX24 campaign notice letter #4  
Got it today - heck, it is a nut, tighten it and move on. Should take less than 1 minute.
No way would I go to the trouble of taking it in to a dealer to have them check/repair it. If that is the biggest problem I ever have I will be VERY happy!

/ seat jam nut on BX24 campaign notice letter #5  
I would have done that but half the parts found their way out and were missing.The also came out and got it and brought it back...JB.

/ seat jam nut on BX24 campaign notice letter #6  
Agreed. If they will come and get it can't blame you at all

/ seat jam nut on BX24 campaign notice letter #7  
Got mine in the mail today also . I already fixed it myself by using a nylock nut in place of the jam nut . Not worth renting a trailer and hauling it thirty miles . It would be nice if they would pay for pick up and drop off too , but that is asking a lot .

/ seat jam nut on BX24 campaign notice letter #8  
Got the same notice in the mail today. I checked the nut as instructed and it's fine. Don't know how they're going to inspect it at the next service since I do it myself. I doubt they will pay to haul it back and forth from the dealer for that, plus I don't want to lose my tractor for a week.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ seat jam nut on BX24 campaign notice letter
Got it today - heck, it is a nut, tighten it and move on. Should take less than 1 minute.
No way would I go to the trouble of taking it in to a dealer to have them check/repair it. If that is the biggest problem I ever have I will be VERY happy!

Got mine in the mail today also . I already fixed it myself by using a nylock nut in place of the jam nut . Not worth renting a trailer and hauling it thirty miles . It would be nice if they would pay for pick up and drop off too , but that is asking a lot .

Got the same notice in the mail today. I checked the nut as instructed and it's fine. Don't know how they're going to inspect it at the next service since I do it myself. I doubt they will pay to haul it back and forth from the dealer for that, plus I don't want to lose my tractor for a week.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

I agree with all of you guys. My tractor never been back to the dealer since I bought it new. They must be fishing for service ;)

/ seat jam nut on BX24 campaign notice letter #10  
Got my first evr "recall" notice from Kubota and I've bought a few of them. Also got a $3000 off on a L model Kubota the same day.
Doubt dealers had any thing to do with notice to be seeking service work.:confused:
Doubt any dealer will come pick up tractor to check or fix it. If they do anything other than check/fix it when YOU bring it in they may send service person out with parts to check tractors.
I drove mine (BX25) to Barlows last week and drove it back this week after an adjustment. Doubt I'll drive it back to them for this check, believe I'll do it myself and put loc tite on it if it seems loose.:thumbsup: