Second rear remote installation instructions

/ Second rear remote installation instructions #1  

nickel plate

Veteran Member
Tractor
2002 New Holland TC40S
I want to buy a second rear remote valve kit for my 2002 TC40S (as in STANDARD) but before I do, I would like to see the instruction sheets because I think I can handle the job in my shop at home. I've already once pulled a loaded rear tire using my chain hoist so I have that part covered if the tire does need to be removed for the kit's installation.
Can someone please post the instruction sheets that I hope are in the kit? So far I have requested same from NH and have received nothing-not even a confirmation of my sent e-mail.

/ Second rear remote installation instructions #2  
Don't expect to hear anything from New Holland. I'm quite sure they think including written instructions with the kit is sufficient. So if you hear anything from them, it will be to tell you the instructions are included with the kit.

Here are my instructions from when I installed my kit. The instructions don't say anything about using sealant on the piping connector threads, but you should use teflon tape (carefully and correctly) or a liquid teflon thread sealing compound. The tape or sealant not only gives you a better seal, but it allows you to tighten the fittings without galling the threads. If you don't want any seeps, you'll need one of these sealant types.

Note that this instruction sheet includes directions for both the economy and deluxe tractors.

I know you are on dial-up, so I reduced the images as much as possible to still be readable but at a size that won't take you all day to download.

Attachments

• Remote2Instruct_p1.jpg
    Remote2Instruct_p1.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 216
  • Remote2Instruct_p2.jpg
    Remote2Instruct_p2.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 223
  • Remote2Instruct_p3.jpg
    Remote2Instruct_p3.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 173
  • Remote2Instruct_p4.jpg
    Remote2Instruct_p4.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 154
  • Remote2Instruct_p5.jpg
    Remote2Instruct_p5.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 167
  • Remote2Instruct_p6.jpg
    Remote2Instruct_p6.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 92
   / Second rear remote installation instructions
Don't expect to hear anything from New Holland. I'm quite sure they think including written instructions with the kit is sufficient. So if you hear anything from them, it will be to tell you the instructions are included with the kit.

Here are my instructions from when I installed my kit. The instructions don't say anything about using sealant on the piping connector threads, but you should use teflon tape (carefully and correctly) or a liquid teflon thread sealing compound. The tape or sealant not only gives you a better seal, but it allows you to tighten the fittings without galling the threads. If you don't want any seeps, you'll need one of these sealant types.

Note that this instruction sheet includes directions for both the economy and deluxe tractors.

I know you are on dial-up, so I reduced the images as much as possible to still be readable but at a size that won't take you all day to download.
Jim, I think I can handle this job. You're quite right as I just did receive a "customer service":confused: e-mail from New Holland that told me to contact my dealer for a copy of the instructions.........I guess my humble request to the big guys was just too petty for them to fool with.
Thanks again, Jim

/ Second rear remote installation instructions #4  
Here's a picture of me putting on my 2nd and 3rd remote (see the pretty blue covers). I just rolled the wheel forward and leaned it against the side of my garage. Dealing with the wheel was the easy part. The toughest part of the whole job was making sure the fittings were tight. Even so, I have some tiny seeps and my fittings all grow dust beards when working, but that dust rinses off easily with a blast of water from the garden hose.:thumbsup:

Attachments

• RemovePlate.JPG
    RemovePlate.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 230
Jim, you make it look and sound so easy!
Did you move the right side adjustable lift arm over to the left side (as another poster in TBN suggested) or just did away with it altogether?

/ Second rear remote installation instructions #6  
Yes, I moved the adjustable arm to the left. You really need to do this because it gives you much more flexibility, and after all, why would you leave it sitting on a shelf and use the unadjustable one, given the choice?

...and the kit IS easy. It takes a bit of planning, but everything fits as it is designed to do. You don't have to do any "seat of your pants" design. It's all there for you and when you are finished you are finished. It's a good thing.:D

/ Second rear remote installation instructions #7  
I put 2 remotes on my TC40D and it was a pretty simple deal. It may be possible to do it without removing the wheel but very difficult. I will respectfully disagree with Jinman about the teflon tape. This type of fitting does not require thread sealer of any type. Tape can be a real pain inside of hydraulic systems because little bits of it can get caught in valves with close tolerances. DO use lubrication on the threads when you assemble them though. Lubricated threads will tighten more evenly and more securely.

/ Second rear remote installation instructions #8  
DO use lubrication on the threads when you assemble them though. Lubricated threads will tighten more evenly and more securely.

Well, we sure both agree on that.:thumbsup: Also, start the tractor and pressure test the lines for leaks before putting the wheel back on.

Here's a picture of me putting on my 2nd and 3rd remote (see the pretty blue covers). I just rolled the wheel forward and leaned it against the side of my garage. Dealing with the wheel was the easy part. The toughest part of the whole job was making sure the fittings were tight. Even so, I have some tiny seeps and my fittings all grow dust beards when working, but that dust rinses off easily with a blast of water from the garden hose.:thumbsup:
Jim, was the rear tire that you "just rolled" over to the side of the garage loaded or not? As you have seen in another topic that I wrote, I do suspect that my rears are loaded with plain water and I want to change that out to something more anti-rust conducive. What better time than the second remote installation?

I put 2 remotes on my TC40D and it was a pretty simple deal. It may be possible to do it without removing the wheel but very difficult. I will respectfully disagree with Jinman about the teflon tape. This type of fitting does not require thread sealer of any type. Tape can be a real pain inside of hydraulic systems because little bits of it can get caught in valves with close tolerances. DO use lubrication on the threads when you assemble them though. Lubricated threads will tighten more evenly and more securely.
Andy, ILO teflon tape, what lubrication product did you use?