Security & Theft Security for TN75DA during long absences

/ Security for TN75DA during long absences #21  
Good point Andy (on the limitations with a cab). One could mount a steel house entry door in the correct location (scratch and dent model for less Loonies).

But -- you have a large barn, and a house. Presumably the drafts don't show up until you do. Until then, or until the barn fills up, sounds like you have a closed area to store the tractor in (3 miles isn't that far). Build a modest wall under the coverall -- or, place a storage container under it to block the view (two stones: locked storage and view of your baby).

I would think a roof mounted turbine would be plenty for venting. Maybe just a simple roof vent (and reasonable flow from lower in the wall). Placed on the North side of some trees (deciduous for winter snow melting) for some shading (temperature and steam generation wise).

I guess at some point you have to remember it is just stuff -- replaceable stuff. And that you are jus tmaking it not worth the effort to steal it. Maybe a hidden switch for some component (make it a double circuit to disable one obvious thing, and one circuit that is not so obvious: fuel pump and the seat safety switch).

Just thoughts.... Reminds me, got to clean out a barn to park my TN in. Lots more space required than I anticipated with the loader. Then wax the thing. Sounds like beer will be involved.

/ Security for TN75DA during long absences
Quite so

I was looking at international shipping containers on the highway this morning, and can't really imagine getting the machine into one, although the idea sounds great ...

We'll see ... but Mojoinco's idea of waxing with beer will certainly be put into operation immediately; I imagine 5 or 6 coats gives a very deep and satisfying shine!

I'm off to France for ten days in (and into) Bordeaux before the big farm party begins, so thanks all for your generous help and suggestions ... I'll pick up on my return and post a few pics ...

Mojo, nice Canadian touch with the 'Loonies' reference!

Happy Tractoring

John

/ Security for TN75DA during long absences #23  
If the Looney keeps rising in value 'the richest man in Canada' joke just may be put on the other foot! Enjoy! You are going to love that cab (I was working mine today--tunes, heat, cell phone pic messages -- and snow on the outside). You may want to pick up a special bottle of bubbly to to 'christen' your place.

/ Security for TN75DA during long absences #24  
highplanesdrifter said:
Quite so

I was looking at international shipping containers on the highway this morning, and can't really imagine getting the machine into one, although the idea sounds great ...

I happen to have 2 40 foot containers and I never even measured to see if it will fit. I know I can get my 2120 in (tight), but I think with the TH75D with backhoe there just no way.

Andy

/ Security for TN75DA during long absences #25  
Soundguy said:
let me know when you are on the way over so i can tell EMS to be there with the ambulance to retrive you! :)

soundguy

why have the ambulance waiting? (to quote from the astronaut farmer) walks up to the bank appraiser looking out over the valley
appraiser: How much ground did you say you owned?
farmer: What you see there is 350 of the 500 acres i own. You know how hard it is to find a body on 350 acers?

"he never returned from his trip? really officer. Nope never saw him. Shure feel free to look around."

/ Security for TN75DA during long absences #26  
If anyone does use a shipping container for storage, here's an idea to protect the locks a little better. At least makes them work a little harder. Photo's are of a semi-trailer but works the same on shipping containers.

P1010397-1.jpg

P1010396.jpg

P1010395.jpg

/ Security for TN75DA during long absences #27  
If you are considering remote monitoring I'm a distributor for BuckEyeCam wireless cameras. They are used for hunting, scouting, the border patrol, and the U.S. military is currently using hundreds of the systems in Iraq.

I use them on my 260 acres to keep an eye on things while I'm not there, mostly on my feeders and food plots, I did put one on my dock to catch tresspassers.

You can read about them at www.buckeyecam.com and see pictures at www.livecam.buckeyecam.com