See a Woods BH6000 on a JD2210

/ See a Woods BH6000 on a JD2210 #1  

Tom_H

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2200
Thanks to Jim Wilson who, in another Kubota thread, mentioned that someone over in the JD section was running a thread about a Woods BH6000 being put on a JD2210. The thing is pretty; just too bad it's not orange. Click here to jump over there:

TBN JD Thread: Woods BH6000 on JD2210

/ See a Woods BH6000 on a JD2210 #2  
From the Woods site:
"Available in colors to match your tractor"
All the pix on their site show it in Kubota orange, mounted to a BX.

/ See a Woods BH6000 on a JD2210
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( From the Woods site:
"Available in colors to match your tractor"
All the pix on their site show it in Kubota orange, mounted to a BX. )</font>

I already know it's avaiible in colors to match your tractor. My comment was meant to indicate, "Too bad we're not seeing it on a Kubota." No need to reply and tell me it can be seen on a BX2230 on Woods site. I know that too. The point of my comment is that I really look forward to the day when we get a report and photos from a TBN member who is putting it on a BX and who can give us a point of view other than the manufacturer. The JD thread is the first BH6000 to go on any subCUT. I was making light of the fact that a JD owner was the first to try one rather than a Kubota owner. I was hoping that a BX owner would be the first. Thus, "too bad we're not seeing it in orange." Vermont huh? Just curious, are you related to Larry, Darryl, and Darryl? Just kidding, I used to live in the Green Mountain state myself. I miss the leaves, but not the mud.

/ See a Woods BH6000 on a JD2210 #4  
Sorry- it was early in the morning and I guess my sarcasm switch wasn't turned on yet- I took you too seriously!!

It's a fairly expensive add-on compared with the price of a BX23, so I'm not surprised to see a Deere owner doing it first. Their rigs seem to cost more to start with so spending the extra $$ may come easier to them.

Now that "Larry" has become E.B. Farnham on Deadwood, his personality has totally changed!! Guess I'm satisfied that in that role, he is not associated with Vermont!!!

/ See a Woods BH6000 on a JD2210 #5  
I will be putting a Woods BH and FEL on a BX2230 for an article on off-road.com around atv trail maintenance and building. I wanted to use Woods since the BX23 was just too much money for the amount of use I was going to get out of it. I also liked the design of the FEL better then the Bota.

I should be picking it all up in the next few weeks.

/ See a Woods BH6000 on a JD2210
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I will be putting a Woods BH and FEL on a BX2230)</font>

When you do, PLEASE post photos and your complete evaluation for us here. Also, the URL for your article.

My biggest concern is that the BX22 and 23 have a beefier frame for the BH. My biggest fear is that tough digging in hardpan will put too much torque on the frame of my BX2200 and malform it.

Thanks!

/ See a Woods BH6000 on a JD2210 #7  
Since you already have a BX2200, you should give the Woods BH 6000 a serious look. The woods comes with plenty of engineered, formed steel plate that you bolt on to create a 4 point subframe. It attaches to both sides of the transfer case and to the FEL frame. I've seen pics of the Woods subframe on a JD 2210, and I've gotten a copy of the installation manual for my machine. I'm very impressed with what Woods has put together as far as frame strengthening, and I am very confident that the Woods BH6000 would be a worthwhile investment for when I am ready for my own backhoe.

Right now, I have the use of a neithbor's BX22, so I don't have the need for my own BH just yet, but when the time comes, I'm pretty sure I'll be getting the Woods backhoe.

You could do what I did, and contact Woods directly, and ask them to fax you a copy of the installation manual for your machine. That way, you can see exactly what is provided, how everything attaches, and decide for yourself if you want to purchase one.