Thumb Seed drills

/ Seed drills #1  

sawtooth

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford NAA, Ford 2810, Ford 3910-1, Ford 3910-2, Ford 4600SU, Massey 2660 HD, Massey 461, Grasshopper 725D, Grasshopper 900D
I'm looking at Kasco drills. Are they any good? Looking for a good product that well supported. Thanks

/ Seed drills
No yet was waiting for feedback.

/ Seed drills #4  
No yet was waiting for feedback.

If the feedback isn't coming, that should tell you something. Namely, that these drills are probably not that popular among the folks on this forum.

I've looked at the Kasco products in the past and I would probably buy one if I didn't already have a drill. It's an old Minneapolis Moline P3-6 unit (10 ft wide, 20 drops, single disc openers. Bought two of these units from a neighbor for $275 and used parts from both to make one working unit.

Drill-6.JPGM5525  drill-1.JPGM5525 drill---3.JPG

Good luck

/ Seed drills
Ok thank you. Really plan to broadcast most of the seed anyways but wanted to have a drill for corn. I currently have a cultipacker and disk anyways.

/ Seed drills #6  
ive not heard anything bad about them. seam to have good support. just not the most popular. myself the brillion
food plot planter seams the most versatile one of the few that can plant corn

/ Seed drills #7  
I would look for an old John Deere FA FE FD they are usually setting out maybe even grown up around. Old and slow but gets the job done. Even the Internationals that I have seen advertised lately are less than 500.00

/ Seed drills #8  
I have a Kasco Varia Slice and I can tell you it does an excellent job. I am not new to seeding or tractor work. I have seeded for years using a disc, cultipacker and rotary spreader. The Vari Slice has combine all of these implements into one with excellent results. These units are simple and built like a tank. You will need a minimum of a 45 HP tractor to lift it.

/ Seed drills #9  
I have used an old drill seeder of my dad's in the past with great results.
I now have my own. Just bought it several months ago. John Deere Van Brunt 8' wide 6" spacing. Everything works and looking forward to seeding this spring.
20160911_131336.jpg20160911_131353.jpg