Seized chainsaw

/ Seized chainsaw #1  

alexinPA

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
My Husqvarna 570 seized during firewood cutting. No compression. I put atf in the cylinder and waited 48n hrs. Now there's 100 psi compression, good spark bot won't start. Looks like some atf still in the cylinder. Its coming out thru sparkplug hole and muffler when starter is pulled. Not much... I think that's a reason for not starting. Is there way to get it out completely? Anything else to look for?

/ Seized chainsaw #2  
Saws seize due to lack of lubrication. Did you run straight gas in it?

/ Seized chainsaw
My Husqvarna 570 seized during firewood cutting. No compression. I put atf in the cylinder and waited 48n hrs. Now there's 100 psi compression, good spark bot won't start. Looks like some atf still in the cylinder. Its coming out thru sparkplug hole and muffler when starter is pulled. Not much... I think that's a reason for not starting. Is there way to get it out completely? Anything else to look for?
Now i'm back to the beginning. Checked compression again and it's only 30 psi. Could it be that some atf leftover in cylinder resulted in high compression in the beginning, but now when it's gone i lost it? Anyway looks like time to replace cylinder/piston assy

/ Seized chainsaw #8  
If it truly seized, you couldn't pull the rope, and the damage is done. Waiting for it to cool down, and lube in the cylinder might get things free, but there's still going to be damage in there most likely.

Pull the muffler off and look into the cylinder with a flashlight and see if you can see the piston all goobered up before you do anything else.

/ Seized chainsaw #10  
Dull chain?
I wouldn't think so. A dull chain will just cut like crap.

My buddy siezed his Husky by grabbing the wrong red gas can. Another friend's wife did the same to the leaf blower. Maybe you forgot to add the 2 stroke oil to the gas, or not enough. FWIW I always put the 2s oil in the 1 gal jug and then put in 1 gal at the pump, always 93 octane. And I started using Star Tron in small engines. And the only jugs for gas/oil mix are 1 gallon and all other red jugs are 5 gallon.

Here's an idea for all us 2 stroke users; maybe spray paint the red jug w/ mix in it half flat black. No more mix-ups.