Sell tires before they’re worn out, or not?

/ Sell tires before they’re worn out, or not? #11  
Tractor tires go until no tread. Off-road truck until about 5% left before I go find a set of used ones. Car tires replace with about 15% life left.
Never sold a used tire.

/ Sell tires before they’re worn out, or not? #12  
I burn them down on vehicle tires, winters wear out in the spring / summer, then replaced

I buy new or next to new. Have only sold used rims, with whatever tires were still on them.

I have not needed to replace tractor tires yet

/ Sell tires before they’re worn out, or not? #13  
That’s “wear” I’m at lol
My tires are 80% worn. We definitely have a market for used truck tires down here. Haven‘t had much trouble selling them. I think a lot of guys have weekend gigs with firewood or other tasks and need cheap tires for their trucks.

I’m losing traction so it’s time to act.

Good on you for making the time and effort to sell used tires. Back when we were poor - for about the first 50 years of my life - "new tires" for every vehicle we had always meant finding usable used ones. I don't think I ever bought new tires during that whole time.

That degree of 2nd hand scrounging is no longer necessary for us, but I'm still thankful that there are still people out there who will take the trouble to make good used tires available for people who can use them. I try to do the same.

rScotty

/ Sell tires before they’re worn out, or not? #14  
I replaced six, 13 year old, 35K, Michelin LT tires on the airstream with the same this year. Was getting poor service from from trailer tires. Started cracking between treads but no cracks side to side. Used tires sold one day for $30ea. Guy shoved them in the trunk and backseat of new Lexus. By responses I could have sold dozens. Paid for one new tire.