Service Bullitens??

/ Service Bullitens?? #1  

BandDcabinet

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota M59, B3030, B7100
I try to track service bullitens on line for vehicles I own.

Does anyone know if these are available on the internet for tractors, in particular for Kubotas?? I think this type of information would be a great addition to a forum such as this.

DandB

/ Service Bullitens?? #2  
Service bulletins are issued to the dealers only. I have never seen a Kubota service bulletin on the internet, nor have I ever seen a dealer post or refer to one except in generalities. I believe that they keep them close to their chest. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Service Bullitens?? #3  
I try to post some on our website (see my profile) if they are major ones. Most of are something along the lines of some people are having a problem with this so if you run across it try this or replace the part with this part instead of that part.

/ Service Bullitens?? #4  
I don’t think you are going to see service bulletins posted. Too much information can be very costly…If there is a problem and it is recognized as a ‘marginal part’ failure. This brings up an ethical/economic question. Do you replace all? Should you ONLY replace those that fail? Should you feel an obligation to the failures out of warranty? Everyone will line up for the replacements… even those outside of the warranty period. That would amount to a recall.
Forums like this are not always welcomed by manufactures… too many problems can be brought to light, everyone has an opportunity to know too much. Stuff will fail and then companys have to contend with the results of how they handled the problems. As always your best connection is a GOOD local dealer… Someone that has a direct stake in your problem. KennyV.

/ Service Bullitens?? #5  
I wonder if alldata.com could get the TSB's ... probably not a big enough market to make it worth their while ...

/ Service Bullitens?? #6  
You can get TSBs on the internet for most major automakers. You can get them for Nissan cars at Nissan's web site, but they do not release all of them, just select ones.

But if you can get them for cars that are often more complex, more expensive and sold in higher volume, then I don't see why you can't get them for tractors. Maybe the tractor companies are a little smarter.