Service Manual 2740

/ Service Manual 2740 #1  

narsenault

Tractor
Montana 2740
Hi all, looking for service manual for my 2740 as I find that I have a hard time with engaging the PTO. I have to push the clutch all the way down and it still wants to grind the gears to engage, there must be some way to adjust this somewhere so if anyone has the service manual or how to adjust this it would be very much appreciated with the help!!
Thanks

/ Service Manual 2740 #2  
Hi all, looking for service manual for my 2740 as I find that I have a hard time with engaging the PTO. I have to push the clutch all the way down and it still wants to grind the gears to engage, there must be some way to adjust this somewhere so if anyone has the service manual or how to adjust this it would be very much appreciated with the help!!
Thanks

I had the same issue with mine. I lengthed the shaft under the petal. I do slow the engine to a idle before engaging the Pto. I don't have a manual either so let me know if you get one and I will do the same.

/ Service Manual 2740 #3  
I am also looking for a service manual for my 2740. If anyone has one to share please let me know.

Thanks

Jim

/ Service Manual 2740 #4  
Old post, I know. Me thinks there are still a number of 2740 in service so ... regarding a service manual for the Montana ... I might be mistaken, but the Farmtrac 270dtc is the twin sister of the green 2740. Both have the same Daedong 3 cyl diesel power plant. Many if not all of the parts are identical, at least on those sold circa 2006. Regardless, good luck and please share anything that may be helpful to either Montana 2740 or Farmtrac 270DTC owners here.

/ Service Manual 2740 #5  
Old post, I know. Me thinks there are still a number of 2740 in service so ... regarding a service manual for the Montana ... I might be mistaken, but the Farmtrac 270dtc is the twin sister of the green 2740. Both have the same Daedong 3 cyl diesel power plant. Many if not all of the parts are identical, at least on those sold circa 2006. Regardless, good luck and please share anything that may be helpful to either Montana 2740 or Farmtrac 270DTC owners here.
I thought the Lt280D landTrac is the twin of the Montana 2740? I believe LS bought or owns these lines of tractors.

/ Service Manual 2740 #6  
I am also looking for a service manual for my 2740. If anyone has one to share please let me know.

Thanks

Jim
I have one, but it is too large to attach. To be honest, it probably wouldn't help anyway. The manual is very poorly translated, and it is very disjointed.

/ Service Manual 2740
I have one, but it is too large to attach. To be honest, it probably wouldn't help anyway. The manual is very poorly translated, and it is very disjointed.
My joystick control arm broke clean off at the threads on my bucket hydraulic control valve, would your manual show the part # for the complete assembly or the top part that the joystick threads in which is the pivoting part. I've been looking for hours online and cannot find any info on this, the manual that I found shows a different assembly then mine. Any help would be appreciated!
Norm

/ Service Manual 2740 #8  
I have a local LS dealer here that has been able to get part for me. I was told there were 2 loaders that were used in the 2740. Don’t know if that is true or it was just the quick attach. There used to be a website for parts called part for Montana tractors. They were way overpriced so don’t know if they had loader parts but they did have a parts breakdown for the tractor.