Servicing Trans and Hydraulic Filters on B2601?

/ Servicing Trans and Hydraulic Filters on B2601? #1  

Indian MC

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B2601
I picked up the three filters needed for my 50 hour Service.
Oil, Trans, Hydraulic.

Reading the manual, it does not state which filter goes where.
No part numbers #'s or location specific.
The filters presently on the tractor from the factory are not numbered. Not even the same color as the replacement Kubota filters.
Oil filter is easy to figure out, it's the smallest one of the bunch.
How do I know where each of the other two filters go?
After I remove the Trans and Hyd filters, should I swim in oil and try to measure them and compare them to the new ones?
I hate to say it, but, the kubota manual is one of the most useless and ignorant manuals I have for any piece of motorized equipment.
Even my new 2018 SS Camaro. The manual is printed in Mexico.. **** it's Pretty bad... But, I'm giving Kubota the trophy on this one.

/ Servicing Trans and Hydraulic Filters on B2601? #2  
Check the part numbers online at Messicks if you need help. It's especially important to get the hydraulic filters right because sometimes those filters need to withstand positive or negative pressure and would be built accordingly.

I've never paid attention to see if the two hydraulic filters have different mounting threads, but that might be a way to tell them apart.

/ Servicing Trans and Hydraulic Filters on B2601? #3  
If your tractor is like my B26, the filters will only fit in the correct place. The threads are different sized (one of the mounting ports is larger). Also I think one is longer than the other by a 1/2" or more.
Check your new filters to confirm the inlet holes are different sizes.

/ Servicing Trans and Hydraulic Filters on B2601? #4  
Like I said in your other thread, you are right....the manuals suck! LOL. Nothing is accurate at all.

Anyway if you are using Kubota filters here is where each go.

Attachments

• 101_1702 (Large).jpg
    101_1702 (Large).jpg
    365.4 KB · Views: 283
  • 101_1701 (Large).jpg
    101_1701 (Large).jpg
    418.1 KB · Views: 160
   / Servicing Trans and Hydraulic Filters on B2601? #5  
Sitting on tractor yellow is on left, white is on right.

/ Servicing Trans and Hydraulic Filters on B2601? #6  
I picked up the three filters needed for my 50 hour Service.
Oil, Trans, Hydraulic.

Reading the manual, it does not state which filter goes where.
No part numbers #'s or location specific.
The filters presently on the tractor from the factory are not numbered. Not even the same color as the replacement Kubota filters.
Oil filter is easy to figure out, it's the smallest one of the bunch.
How do I know where each of the other two filters go?
After I remove the Trans and Hyd filters, should I swim in oil and try to measure them and compare them to the new ones?
I hate to say it, but, the kubota manual is one of the most useless and ignorant manuals I have for any piece of motorized equipment.
Even my new 2018 SS Camaro. The manual is printed in Mexico.. **** it's Pretty bad... But, I'm giving Kubota the trophy on this one.

Hmmmm...My L3301 50 hr service says to replace the oil, oil filter and transmission oil filter.

The Hydraulic oil filter, fuel filter, transmission fluid and front axle case oil isn't schedule to be replaced until 200 hrs.

/ Servicing Trans and Hydraulic Filters on B2601?
Thank you,,
My Oil Change with filter is completed. Lol
I'm not sure what filter is what when it comes to the two Trans and Hydraulic filters.
The OEM filters present ( photo ) don't seem to have any # numbers on them.
The two Kubota filters I have with the correct part numbers are White.
One is just slightly longer than the other. Both White.

Attachments

• Trans and HSC filters.jpg
    Trans and HSC filters.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 128
   / Servicing Trans and Hydraulic Filters on B2601? #8  
The original filters are installed prior to painting. Have a plan and tools ready to remove these factory installed filters - they are known to be very tight. I have used cold chisels on the slotted base, air hammer, and chain wrenches on them.
On my last 2 Kubota machines the Transmission filter was replaced at 50h, then every 200h thereafter. The Hydraulic filter was changed at 400h along with the fluid. I realize this varies by model, and operator preference.
Anyway, if you're replacing both filters and fluid at the same time it will make no difference... But removing the Hydraulic filter will dump the entire sump, which would be a pain if the fluid isn't being replaced at the same time. Some folks use a shop vac on the fill port to reduce loss at the filter.