Set of Toolcat tracks at auction

/ Set of Toolcat tracks at auction #11  
Anyone have an update?

Get this when I click the auction link: The page you requested was removed.

/ Set of Toolcat tracks at auction #12  
At one time I really thought I needed a set of these but could not find anyone anywhere that had them to read about actual performance. Mattracks now produce a more robust set but they cost about half the price of a new machine.

/ Set of Toolcat tracks at auction #13  
FYI: I jumped while trading in my old 5600 for a 2023 toolcat UW56. Got it the Toolcat for the wife who loves the old one. We have had this unit for about 1 month with the 65m1a1-tc. Our short term summary: Steering on the UW56 require the machine to be moving just a bit to disengage or something.. but with wheels, it was easier to do a quick small turn at low speed (creeping with wheels). As soon as you put on the tracks, those slow turns even at a slow walk is out of the questions. I wish I could describe it better, but with tracks, you will not be able to turn around in a garage or small shed. it is nearly impossible to turn the wheels and I am not 100% if it is just because the pump to the steering is just not strong enough with more ground contact.

Wife does not like it now... also you do lose just a tiny bit of lift with the arms extension as well.

I personally don't know what to think. just that I hope it is not putting too much on the steering pump and seals I as try to crank it to turn.

for the cost, I am not sure, it would be a good investment unless you are spending your time in wet all the time or you really do get stuck alot. I have never been stuck with wheels in the old 5600 on a small 25 acre farm... even in the wooded area and crossing a muddy wet low pasture in soft ground.

It looks good though.

/ Set of Toolcat tracks at auction #14  
Customer of mine has an engineering firm and they outfitted their 2015 5610 with a set of the tracks and installed reinforced 1" lateral stiff rubber cleats on them. They use it to move surveying equipment and clear survey lanes in the winter. It apparently works well for them and is more versatile than the tracked snow buggy they were previously using.

I think they are Nordtracks he has though as they look like these :

Attachments

• toolcat-bobcat-nordtrack-3.jpg
    toolcat-bobcat-nordtrack-3.jpg
    431.1 KB · Views: 38
Last edited: