Shanghainese soup dumplings (xiao long bao) - any fans?

/ Shanghainese soup dumplings (xiao long bao) - any fans? #1  

copytmpmzl

Bronze Member
Tractor
ford raptor
Been into these chinese soup dumplings (also featured on Tony Bourdain's ep when he was in Mainland China) since first eating them at a local american restaurant called Din Tai Fung (also found in Tokyo and Taipei, Taiwan.

xiao-long-bao.jpg

ShanghaiCafe_soupdumplings_1.jpg

pirezedin-tai-feng-34.jpg

There's another popular joint in NYC for east coast ppl called Joe's Shanghai, highly recommended since I've been there too

/ Shanghainese soup dumplings (xiao long bao) - any fans?
Been into these chinese soup dumplings (also featured on Tony Bourdain's ep when he was in Mainland China) since first eating them at a local american restaurant called Din Tai Fung (also found in Tokyo and Taipei, Taiwan.

xiao-long-bao.jpg

ShanghaiCafe_soupdumplings_1.jpg

pirezedin-tai-feng-34.jpg

There's another popular joint in NYC for east coast ppl called Joe's Shanghai gefüllte klöße, highly recommended since I've been there too
thanks for your time

/ Shanghainese soup dumplings (xiao long bao) - any fans? #3  
Those look so good; I can't say I have had them, but given the opportunity they'd be in my belly. 😂

Now you've got me thinking of Anthony Bourdain, what a character, it's a shame he is gone. Him and Andrew Zimmerman were the highlight of the Travel Channel back in the day. I could watch them go from place to place, experiencing the world through food, and it was so much fun.

/ Shanghainese soup dumplings (xiao long bao) - any fans? #4  
yes, they are not bad, Taiwan and Hong Kong both were good places to have Dim sum.

/ Shanghainese soup dumplings (xiao long bao) - any fans? #5  
Copy,

Before the pandemic, I would go to China 2 times a year. It was always special to eat those soup dumplings. The trick was how to eat them with loosing the soup.

After many years of traveling to China alone, I brought my wife. her first meal in Shanghai was in a small dumpling shop. They were great but we had no idea what was in them, all written in Chinese

/ Shanghainese soup dumplings (xiao long bao) - any fans? #6  
Growing up in Cleveland, we never knew if we were getting MEOW goo gai pan or BOW WOW bao. Both were found in the coolers at "respected" downtown restaurants in the 70's.