Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #10,621  
In this morning's news.

Tipped tractor-trailer blocks I-5 onramp in Ridgefield - Columbian.com

wreck.jpg

Trailer and excavator are no longer together. Inadequate tie downs, or too much strain even for good tie downs? Maybe no tie down?

Bruce

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #10,623  
That's funny! I could make so many jokes probably deemed inapropriate.

Now you know why thieves would want to steel a p/u.

I wonder how much stolen watermelons would go for, if not stolen for personal consumption.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #10,624  
   / Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #10,625  
And what, laid it down like a bike. lol

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #10,626  
Similar happened in my orchard. Two occasions!

First time, around sunset someone drove in who I had seen working for the contractor who harvests here, so I assumed he was here for a left-behind jacket or something. He turned off the driveway then after a while couldn't back up the wet slope to turn and depart. I got the Yanmar and pulled him back up to the driveway. Next day I asked the contractor about that and he told he he had fired that guy the day before I saw him, so he had no reason to enter here aside from stealing. I wished I had looked in his car. He likely had finished his harvest before I heard him spinning his tires.

Next time, a neighbor farther down the lane had a crane there to set some beams. After work the crane operator drove in here and started filling a garbage bag with apples. I asked him WTF and he said the neighbor had told him the apples were better here than down there. This guy looked big and mean enough to do me some harm so I thought quick, and asked him "Do you realize the situation you are in holding stolen property? Set the bag down and leave - now!" He argued he should keep the bag because he had picked the apples himself but I said just leave. Intuition told me this guy had had some experience with the law before, and what I had said was what was needed to get him to abandon his plan. He dropped the bag and left.

Last year we finally fenced the place to keep the deer out. We had become the neighborhood zoo after the surrounding vineyards all put up fences. Now I don't expect more casual theft like my examples - or like that NC watermelon farmer.

Last edited:
   / Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #10,628  
I wonder how much stolen watermelons would go for, if not stolen for personal consumption.

When I saw the post, I thought about how much work it was to pick and load all those melons...considering how (relatively) little they are worth.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #10,629